Lake Tawakoni public hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Tawakoni public hunting?

Does anyone hunt this area and if so advice on how should I go about hunting it myself thanks brothers for the input.

well.....

be sure you get some boots made for walking....lol.....I assume you mean deer and hogs and they are there scout hard use your maps.....if you can hunt during the week.......

Comment

Hunted it some last year (duck Cove unit) because it is only 30 minutes from the house. Agree w HR3, get some comfortable boots for walking. Saw a few does, no bucks and saw some hogs, all too far away to get a good shot on. If you are going to scout this time of the year, make sure you wear your snake gaitors too, lots of swampy areas.

Comment

Thanks for the input brothers

Comment

And definately watch out for the dopeheads. Ive heard of some run ins over there.

Comment

Will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HAWG DAWG View Post
              And definately watch out for the dopeheads. Ive heard of some run ins over there.
              Man, we had the same problem at the place we used to hunt near Lake Texoma. I was 12 foot up a tree and somebody came down the gravel road behind me blaring music and almost went off the road. Probably ruined my hunt. They should sell dopehead tags. I'd buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by whysixb View Post
                Man, we had the same problem at the place we used to hunt near Lake Texoma. I was 12 foot up a tree and somebody came down the gravel road behind me blaring music and almost went off the road. Probably ruined my hunt. They should sell dopehead tags. I'd buy them.
                X2

Comment

X3 on the dope heads. Lots of them over there. Would take long to fill a tag.

Comment

Id darn sure buy one. In 07 we did some hog hunting on the public land around lake Tawakoni . We were building a power line right down the road and saw lots hogs but only a few deer. Good luck

Comment

Tawakoni

I hunt it because it is close to the house. I have never had problems. I have seen plenty of game, you just have to do your work scouting and planning. It helps that I can get away often in the middle of the week as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X