No announcement yet.

Chocolate Toffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Channel 13 New Friday morning. I will be on making this recipe with Don Nelson... not sure the exact time.. but normally 5-6

Comment

Thought I would bump this up for Christmas... Just made 4 batch's this morning just awesome

Comment

I made some night before last along with your peanut brittle Stan (with cayenne) and man, is it good!! I used a butter blend in lieu of margerine for the toffee and I think that 290 must have been a little too hot because it looks a little darker than your pics.

This was my first go around making candy and I really appreciate your recipe guidance. Merry Christmas!

chad

Comment

Sweet I love toffee

Comment

Originally posted by mrgroundblind View Post
            I made some night before last along with your peanut brittle Stan (with cayenne) and man, is it good!! I used a butter blend in lieu of margerine for the toffee and I think that 290 must have been a little too hot because it looks a little darker than your pics.

This was my first go around making candy and I really appreciate your recipe guidance. Merry Christmas!

chad
            If you use to much butter it is easy to burn.... the burn is what gives it the flavor.... .... you have to stir until your arm hurts....

Glad you liked both.... Happy New Year!!

Comment

I will be looking forward to trying this out

Comment

ttt... It is coming up the holiday time so I thought I would bump this up.

if you have not tried this is is awesome..

Comment

AWSOME! Calorie free ..right?

Comment

Originally posted by GiGi View Post
                    AWSOME! Calorie free ..right?
                    Only from Thanksgiving thru Christmas!

Comment

It's that time of year I have started making candy. We have a lot of new folks.

This stuff is just wonderful..

Comment

sounds awesome

Comment

Thanks for sharing, think i'll try some this weekend...

tending the fire,
                          Bob G.

Comment

Oh this will be made soon!
                            Love it!

Comment

Make sure you reheat back to 290... You have to stir fast at the higher temps to keep it from buring. It is okay if you can only get to 285..

I have also altered it just a bit. Put the pecans in at 250.. and then heat until it reaches the 285-290

Spread it as thin as you can. The thinner the better!

Store it in the freezer...
                              Last edited by Stan R; 11-30-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I made some when I got off work this morning. I dusted one pan with cayene. Oh man this stuff is awesome and easy to make. Gonna do a batch of nut brittle tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X