Gas or diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas or diesel?

I have been driving a diesel since 1998 . Kinda kicking around the idea of going to a gas truck . Pretty sure my latest truck is totaled. Also sure I’m going to get screwed by the insurance company. They way my year had been going I’m sure I’m getting screwed. Anyone here make the swap from a diesel to gas and regret it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did. I went to a 6.4 hemi. great truck I just missed how a diesel ran. now I have an 18 cummins

Comment

Made the switch and I’m ok with it. Wasn’t a real need for me to have a diesel anyways. Heck just bought a little civic to peddle back and forth to work in still have my 1500 for the dirt roads.

Comment

Went to gas from a diesel. Glad I did. No regrets here for my use. If I pulled heavy all the time I would go diesel again.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Went to gas from a diesel. Glad I did. No regrets here for my use. If I pulled heavy all the time I would go diesel again.
          This

Comment

Just got a 6.0 F250. I drive less than 1000m/month. I do pull a 13K fifth wheel once a month. Does a diesel pull better? Sure, but i dont think diesels like to sit for a week at a time without running and cost of truck and maintenance is a lot less. Fuel is cheaper too, i didnt do the math, but i think its about a wash for fuel cost/mpg difference

Comment

Gas is cheaper and the F 150 is a lot better ride but just towing the boat loads the 5.0 up . With that being the only draw back I'd say the gas wins

Comment

What ever I get will be a 3/4 ton .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  What ever I get will be a 3/4 ton .

Go with a Diesel. Period!

Comment

Once you have a diesel it's hard to go back . I tried it for about 6 months and 6 thousand dollars I went back.

Comment

I’ve got a 15 Chevy 3500 single rear wheel. It’s basically the same as a 3/4 ton. I wish I would have gotten a diesel. I drive about 100 miles a day and average between 11.5 and 12 mpg. I had it loaded down last year and was pulling a 16ft trailer with a side x side and four-wheeler to South Texas. 6 hour drive and I averaged 6mpg. My dad has the the same truck, but a dually and diesel, and he gets about 15mpg loaded down the same and making the same trip.

Comment

Went from a 17 ram 1500 with a hemi to a 18 2500 with a Cummings, night and day difference. Should have got a diesel long time ago.

Comment

I just went from a diesel to a gas 3 weeks ago and i sure miss my diesel. But after figuring up the added cost of a diesel plus maintenance and higher fuel price. I just couldn't pass up the cost of a gas 3/4 ton.

Comment

We bought a diesel about 2 months ago because of fuel savings. Sure maintenance is a bit higher, truck cost a bit more, but it pulls WAY better and I have more flexibility with it being able to tow more. On top of all that, at 2mpg better and $0.30 more per gallon on fuel, the diesel is slightly cheaper less to drive per year on fuel cost alone. That being said, we are getting about 3.5mpg better than the Tundra we had but diesel did just climb up this week to $0.40 more per gallon. All that being said, I dont see any real savings between the two until you hook up a trailer and go. Then the fuel savings and more power kick in over a gasser any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish u we're closer you could borrow my f250 gasser to see what you think. I didn't tow iften enough to justify the diesel, but I did want one. Happy so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X