Rice recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rice

one of the easiest ways to make Spanish rice is to add pace picante sauce to the rice after rice has cooked . if you must have the traditional color of Spanish rice you can add a little paprika to add color. try it you will like it.

Bobby

Comment

Not Spanish rice. But I grew up on German sweet rice. Rice, milk,sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon

Comment

I've switched to Jasmine rice. Smells amazing while it cooks.

My recipe is melt 1/2 stick butter in pot then add a couple big pinches of kosher salt and 2 cups of rice. Toss it around a little to coat with butter and it won't stick to the pan as bad. Add 2 1/2 cups water and let it come to a full boil before clamping on the lid and tuning the temp to its lowest setting. Set the timer for 15 minutes. No peaking. Turn the heat off at about 10 minutes.

Comes out perfect.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

tagged

Comment

Jasmine Rice browned w/ oil
              I blend :
              Tomato Paste
              Onion
              Garlic
              Roma Tomato
              Chix Bullion
              Water or Chix stock
              Pinch of salt
              Throw that is with the rice until has absorbed it. Finish with a little butter.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                Why hasn't anyone posted any good Louisiana Dirty Rice recipes?????
                We call it rice dressing here in south LA, and there are about as many recipes as there are prairie Cajuns! One simple recipe is to use half ground beef and half ground pork. Brown meat with onions or the bottom (white portions) of green onions. Reserve green onion tops for later. After browned, barely covered with water, season well with favorite salty Cajun spice mix – Blaze, Tony’s, etc., and simmer. Cook a pot of long grain white rice separately. While rice is cooking, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup to 2 pounds of simmering meat, and about a tablespoon of ready-made roux (like Savoie’s) for thickening slightly. When rice is done, add onion tops to simmering meat to “wilt” the green onions but do not overcook them. Then mix the meat mixture with the hot white rice in desired proportions – about half and half by volume.

Don’t worry about over-seasoning the meat mixture initially because it will be diluted with unseasoned rice. It needs to be highly seasoned to come out right. Also note: liver or other organ meats can be substituted for some or all of the ground pork.

Comment

Oh, and rice is not just rice. There are long grain and medium grain varieties and these cook up totally different. Medium grain is more sticky and is good for serving with sauces/gravy because it absorbs them better. Long grain rice is drier and less sticky and appears to be more fluffy on the plate. Then there is the aromatics (or popcorn rice, such as Della, Jasmine, etc.) or specialty varieties such as basmati (long slender grains used in Lebanese or Indian cooking). Then there is the sushi rice and so on, but we wont go there this time!

Comment

In for more.

Comment

We rice lovers (Grew between a rice field and a cotton patch)Lots of great info above...One thing we found that always seems to be a hit at family gatherings..comes in a Yellow Packet 5 oz.. < $1.00 theres a bigger pack too......its called ( Mahatma saffron Yellow Rice ) Follow directions and 20min its great...we get it HEB and WM

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                        Not Spanish rice. But I grew up on German sweet rice. Rice, milk,sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon
                        YES!!! This^^^^^

I make this whenever I have leftover plain white rice. Love it.

Comment

A lot of great rice recipes !

Comment

Working...
                          X