Would Like Some Info On A Garage Find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Like Some Info On A Garage Find.

Picked up this Howett Archery Cavalier at a garage sale today. It was free so I took it.
    It's pretty rough but the limbs are straight. It's had a couple of holes drilled through the riser, I assume to mount a sight or fishing rig, but I can plug those. It shoots great and I plan on refinishing it.

My question is would anyone have any idea when it was made. I'm just curious if it was made before the company was sold to Martin or after. Here's some pics of the only markings on the bow.

I don't recall ever seeing the Cavalier in the Martin catalog so it may be before they bought them out. I wish I knew for sure but don't.

Comment

Post it on the leatherwall if no one here ends up knowing. There are a few really knowledgeable folks there that really know history of lots of different bows. Cool find and for free??? I have got to find those garage sale deals. ;-) Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
        I have got to find those garage sale deals. ;-) Congrats.
        You ain't kidding!

Comment

No doubt guys, first freebie I've snagged.

Comment

Bring it to the Shoot-Out this year. I'll give you $25.00 for it. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Bring it to the Shoot-Out this year. I'll give you $25.00 for it. Grant
              Oh it'll be at the Shoot-Out with me but it ain't gonna be for sale but then again I think you already knew that.

Comment

These are the comments that I received from the Leatherwall.

From the man that designed it, Larry Hatfield, "Probably a 1973."

From others, "The Cavalier was one of DHs entry to mid range hunting bows. Only entry level in that, the riser isn't overly ornate or sculpted. No fancy laminations. BUT, they are ALL Howatt, and shoot beautifully. You found a really good shooting hunting bow in a nice weight. You did well if you didn't pay a ton for it. It deserves refurbishing!"

"It's Howatt. Not Howett, and the Cavalier is a very fine bow..a 60" rocket designed by the man Larry Hatfield."
                Ha ha, I'm usually pretty good at proof reading but I definitely missed the spelling on that bow. It's pretty cool to know who the designer is and to have him help me identify one of his bows.

Looks like I got me a winner here. I look forward to refurbishing her.

Comment

Great find and cool info you got from the original designer and others? Nice price, too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    Great find and cool info you got from the original designer and others? Nice price, too!

Edit: "others."

Comment

Working...
                    X