This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    He has an 8m cap number this year and an 11M next year, that is his salary, he was paid in advance, if they redo his contract those numbers will be used.
    They will be irrelevant if they redo another contract. The unmortized bonus will count toward the cap.....but there will be a whole other set of numbers....especially if they frontload it...

In his mind he's thinking I'm not taking a beating for 3.6 and 9.1 million....to be tossed away at a later date. Every run is more depreciation. He's wanting guaranteed money as an insurance policy against them using him up an throwing him away..
    Last edited by Smart; 07-29-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      They will be irrelevant if they redo another contract. The unmortized bonus will count toward the cap.....but there will be a whole other set of numbers....especially if they frontload it...

In his mind he's thinking I'm not taking a beating for 3.6 and 9.1 million....to be tossed away at a later date. Every run is more depreciation. He's wanting guaranteed money as an insurance policy against them using him up an throwing him away..
      That may be in his mind but not the Cowboys, he has been paid in advance, they are not just going to tear up the existing contract without accounting for the bonus that he has been paid, if they did that his cap hit would almost double, not happening. So his cap hit is 8M this year, if they pay him 14 M a year then his cap hit would be 22M this year, maybe I do not understand the system but I feel quite confident the money he was guaranteed ( bonus ) will come out of his new deal.Either way I bet they will get something worked out, I do know this, I would rather them pay Zeke than Byron Jones, Dak is screwed without Zeke.

Comment

The Cowboys have the leverage.
        Zeke will either suck it up and show up to work, or, sit out and be franchise tagged or walk..... or,,,,, get arrested for smacking someone or grabbing a butt or two while intoxicated during off-season and be suspended,,, again.....

He's talented, no doubt, but he's not all there upstairs.
        Last edited by ATI; 07-29-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

That may be in his mind but not the Cowboys, he has been paid in advance, they are not just going to tear up the existing contract without accounting for the bonus that he has been paid, if they did that his cap hit would almost double, not happening. So his cap hit is 8M this year, if they pay him 14 M a year then his cap hit would be 22M this year, maybe I do not understand the system but I feel quite confident the money he was guaranteed ( bonus ) will come out of his new deal.Either way I bet they will get something worked out, I do know this, I would rather them pay Zeke than Byron Jones, Dak is screwed without Zeke.

Uncle Uncle..

Comment

Send zeke to the browns see how good he does. O wait I forgot they are super bowl contenders this year [emoji23][emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest news on Zeke...

He's headed to Cabo and (NOT Oxnard)

Comment

Folks can bash Zeke all they want for doing this but most NFL analysts suggest he is justified because he has zero leverage after this season.

1st round picks have a 5th year option built into their rookie contracts which is solely at the discretion of the team to exercise. The Cowboys have - which means they have him locked up for 5 years. Then they can franchise him in years 6 & 7, meaning that he doesn't get his shot at a big payday until he is 28 or 29. And if he is injured in year 6 or 7, it is over.

For his first 3 years, he has been the most productive back in the NFL playing under a rookie contract. When you look at what the Cowboys did with Murray, which was to basically run him into the ground, then decide he was too used up to sign him to even market value, its easy to understand where Zeke is coming from.

Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, L'aveon Bell, Todd Gurley, Zack Martin and a host of all pro performing 1st round picks have orchestrated the same thing for the same reason - some held out, some got their deals renegotiated.

RB's are especially at risk though because more teams are employing the same philosophy of not signing RB's to guaranteed contracts that will take them past 29-30 years of age.

It's just business. I hope the Cowboys get him signed soon.

Comment

Any buyers on another H.Walker type of trade?

Could shore up the team for another long term of dominance and contending.

Comment

Y’all execute me if you want but I wouldn’t be ****** if they traded Zeke. What for exactly that someone would offer up I’m not sure but $15 mil a year on a RB in today’s game sounds outrageous to me even by pro sports standards.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Y’all execute me if you want but I wouldn’t be ****** if they traded Zeke. What for exactly that someone would offer up I’m not sure but $15 mil a year on a RB in today’s game sounds outrageous to me even by pro sports standards.

If you have a middle of the road QB it is a great idea to have the best running back in the NFL along with a top offensive line, just remember what the Seattle did, Cowboys are very close to having the same type of team, bad arse defense with a bad arse back and a QB that can make things happen with his legs.

Comment

If you have a middle of the road QB it is a great idea to have the best running back in the NFL along with a top offensive line, just remember what the Seattle did, Cowboys are very close to having the same type of team, bad arse defense with a bad arse back and a QB that can make things happen with his legs.

Better hope we have a badarse offensive coordinator.

Comment

Better hope we have a badarse offensive coordinator.

I think he will be fine, Garrett has a pretty **** good offensive mind to begin with, he will have his hands all over the play calling.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Cowboys just signed Alfred Morris. Whatever else he gets, Zeke is gonna get a lesson in negotiating from the master.[emoji23]

Jerry don’t play.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-29-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I'm not totally against it either if the price is right.....and I'm a big Zeke fan. Look what Herschel Walker brought

Comment

I know I’m late to the party and it may have been covered but I saw on the news that Jason Witten is back with the Cowboys. Saw him running routes in training camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X