No announcement yet.

Bow finish help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone should do a thread on the Thunderbird and how to use it. I have botched several refinishes trying to build finish thickness. Coat number one looks great, coat number two looks crappy. And it is hell to clean up and start over.

Great job on the new finish! Is that a Dakota riser?

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
      Maybe someone should do a thread on the Thunderbird and how to use it. I have botched several refinishes trying to build finish thickness. Coat number one looks great, coat number two looks crappy. And it is hell to clean up and start over.

Great job on the new finish! Is that a Dakota riser?
      Yes it is a Dakota riser. The grip area was worn and water was getting into the wood also had some normal scratches from use.

Comment

I noticed that the Dakota that I owned for a short while did not have much of a finish on it. The bow shot rockets but it wasn't much to look at. I don't understand how some of the custom bowyers build a great bow and then put a cheap finish on them.

Comment

Turned out nice!

Thunderbird takes practice, practice and more practice to get it right. They have some pretty good instructions for spraying it on their website that makes for a good starting point

Comment

Working...
          X