• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by FlightCancelled View Post
      I don't think his main beam is broke
      If not broke then likely an injury. That is a stud of a buck assuming his right would come back next year.

Comment

Ldp
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-08-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Ldp
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

How many times did you shoot him? He's still alive in that pic with 2 arrows.

Nice buck btw

Comment

Good deer congrats

Comment

To your question, either 8 or 9pt depending on length of tine of beam. Hopefully he was over 13" if he was in an antler restricted county. Especially posting pics online.

Comment

Thank yall.

3 arrows. First made him parapelegic. Second was pass through behind both shoulders. Third ended up in loin unfortunately. I was trying to expedite his passing on the second and third arrow. Not a great idea. (Last year I got stabbed by an eight point I mounted and knifed to expedite passing. I didnt feel like getting stabbed by much larger antlers.) I then decided I should be patient and let the broadheads complete its job before perforating anymore.

I misspake about the spike. I thought he was a legal buck with potentially an unbranched antler. I was doe hunting, figured Id see a 4 point and did. Really didnt expect to see this large of a buck....ever. "Am I gonna likely see this critter again? No." "Am I willing to burn a good buck tag in this county for this critter. Yes" "Wow. He is alot of meat! I wanna see his funky headgear." Thwack!

God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by MDMEADTX View Post
                    To your question, either 8 or 9pt depending on length of tine of beam. Hopefully he was over 13" if he was in an antler restricted county. Especially posting pics online.
                    Not a concern. Thanks though. KaBar is about 12" long. Well over by a couple inches on each side. I'll measure if it pleases you.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Dear lord as I lay down to sleep I thank you for this GS for the many laughs I get when I read on here.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                        Dear lord as I lay down to sleep I thank you for this GS for the many laughs I get when I read on here.
                        Im here for you, God and all of his tasty critters. Anytime.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Comment

Looks like his main beam got messed up just past G2 when it was growing

Probably would have been back to normal next year

Comment

I see 9 pts depending that the point on the base is at least 1". If not it is 8 pts.

Comment

Working...
                                X