Pondering hashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pondering hashtags

Someone explain hashtags to me and what we are supposed to do when we see them added to FB posts. What is their purpose?

Example: #reflexred #reflexredps #realdinosaurs #dinosaur #hornytoads #hornedtoad #texashornedlizard #lizard #ancientanimal #theydontbite #dontkillthem #watchyourstep

Signed,
    Out of touch with hip things

#Icantwaittillimold

#retired

#whippersnappers

#getoffmylawn

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      #Icantwaittillimold

#retired

#whippersnappers

#getoffmylawn
      'splain it! Don't add to my confusion!

Comment

#word

Comment

It's a link to other posts that share that tag. For example, you see #nicedeer, you can click on it and it will bring up other posts where people used the #nicedeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            #word
            Dang it, you old/young phart. You don't know either!

Comment

Originally posted by SamSowell View Post
              It's a link to other posts that share that tag. For example, you see #nicedeer, you can click on it and it will bring up other posts where people used the #nicedeer.
              Thanks for the answer, but why does the poster care if you go to other people's posts?

Comment

Alot of the times I see hashtags on facebook it's because they also posted to instagram. You put hashtags on the post to get more people to see the picture. For example if you searched the hashtag "word" you will see 12.1 million posts have that hashtag. Does that explain it? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Thanks for the answer, but why does the poster care if you go to other people's posts?
                  They figure you liked what they posted with that # so here's others that might interest you/relate to it.

Comment

I can't explain it. It's the pound sign to me. I was going on a hunting trip to South Dakota a couple of years ago and I always take shrimp with me for the family that runs the outfit. So I sent my millennial secretary, at the time, an email that read: "Please go pick me up 20# Jumbo Shrimp and put in the cooler I left by your desk." I returned to find a cooler with TWENTY shrimp in it. I ask her what happened and she said, "your email said hashtag 20 shrimp". I had to explain that was a pound sign and she had to go back to the seafood shop.

Comment

Excellent word choice of the title of the thread. Generational word choice differential.
                      I have three teenagers and I give up trying to figure out the new vernacular.

The others have explained it. I choose to let it be pushing 50.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        I can't explain it. It's the pound sign to me. I was going on a hunting trip to South Dakota a couple of years ago and I always take shrimp with me for the family that runs the outfit. So I sent my millennial secretary, at the time, an email that read: "Please go pick me up 20# Jumbo Shrimp and put in the cooler I left by your desk." I returned to find a cooler with TWENTY shrimp in it. I ask her what happened and she said, "your email said hashtag 20 shrimp". I had to explain that was a pound sign and she had to go back to the seafood shop.
                        Did she at least get you 20 jumbos or smalls?

Comment

its most likely an instagram post that got crossed shared.
                          im not on FB but on insta, you can click on the #hashtag and see what other posts have the same tags. IE if you click on #dogsareawesome you will find lots of dog posts

Comment

#?*!%@/~#?*!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              20#michelobultra would have perfectly acceptable!

Comment

Working...
                              X