Jon Boat Rental - Houston/Port Arthur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Boat Rental - Houston/Port Arthur

A couple buddies and I were draw for the TPWD gator hunt at JD Murphree 9/12-13. The jon boat that we had planned on borrowing just fell through and we have exhausted all resources in our search to find one to use.

Does anybody know of a place to rent one in the Houston or Port Arthur areas? Or, does anybody have one they would be willing to rent to us? Doesn't need to be fancy or anything.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

That sucks. I was drawn last year and Harvey hit and they cancelled the hunt and refunded us our permit money. I forgot to apply this year. I had been drawn 2 out of 3 years for that hunt. If I had a little boat I'd let you borrow one. Hopefully you can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      That sucks. I was drawn last year and Harvey hit and they cancelled the hunt and refunded us our permit money. I forgot to apply this year. I had been drawn 2 out of 3 years for that hunt. If I had a little boat I'd let you borrow one. Hopefully you can find one.
      Yeah, we were drawn last year too...I bet if you had put in again this year, you would've been drawn again. I think they took pity on everybody that was cancelled on and drew us again.

Comment

Lol. I meant to but got tied up and completely forgot about it until I started seeing the I was drawn threads here.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          Yeah, we were drawn last year too...I bet if you had put in again this year, you would've been drawn again. I think they took pity on everybody that was cancelled on and drew us again.
          Not I...I now have 6 points in that category guess I have bad luck.
          I'll keep an eye out for rentals.

There's a place on lake Conroe that rents boats. Mostly ski but may be worth a call Google lake Conroe boat rentals and give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
            Not I...I now have 6 points in that category guess I have bad luck.
            I'll keep an eye out for rentals.

There's a place on lake Conroe that rents boats. Mostly ski but may be worth a call Google lake Conroe boat rentals and give it a shot
            I will give them a shout, thanks.

Comment

bump

Comment

Do you just need a John boat? Or boat and motor?

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                  Do you just need a John boat? Or boat and motor?
                  Boat and motor. Sorry, should’ve specified. Thanks.

Comment

ttt

We really are in a serious bind if you have one or know of anything. The hunt is in the morning and we are going to have to cancel and forfeit our permits if we can't track down a boat.

We are very responsible young professionals (two attorneys and a master electrician).

I know somebody would like to make a couple bucks and help us out, we will make it worth your while.

Thanks.

Chris

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                        ttt

We really are in a serious bind if you have one or know of anything. The hunt is in the morning and we are going to have to cancel and forfeit our permits if we can't track down a boat.

We are very responsible young professionals (two attorneys and a master electrician).

I know somebody would like to make a couple bucks and help us out, we will make it worth your while.

Thanks.

Chris
                        You might try Facebook- Southeast Texas duck hunter page.
                        Good luck.

Comment

Comment

The hunt is tomorrow morning?

Comment

could be wrong, but I believe they can set you up on a walk in spot? Not ideal, but better than nothing. Might give them a call and see...

Comment

Working...
                              X