Are all lighted nocks junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all lighted nocks junk?

It seems that I aint got no luck with any brand or style of lighted nocks. I get about a 50-50 chance of one working when its released. Batteries are dead, switch dont work, comes on in the quiver(happened this past weekend), delayed response, and a goofy little switch that aggravates me.

I started using reflective wraps instead of lighted nocks on my wheelie bow, but thought I would try them in my crossbow and they aint no better now than they was two years ago.

Or maybe its operator headspace

Never had any issues with the luminocks

Comment

I haven’t shot an animal yet but been practicing with the Omni brite 2.0 system and it seems to work pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I second the Omni brite 2.0 system - no problems with these from me. It is very cool to see where that arrow is after it has gone thru a deer.

Comment

All I’ve used or been around are junk. Some are less junk than others.

I’m one of the few that don’t use them and have no current desire to start

Comment

I have shot all brands and they all seem to have issues. The most reliable lighted nocks I have shot are the ones I have built myself.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
              I haven’t shot an animal yet but been practicing with the Omni brite 2.0 system and it seems to work pretty well

That's what I got for my crossbow, brand new in the pack and the batteries needed replaced, two came on in the quiver. The one I shot thru the animal fell out of the bolt

Maybe I am too rough with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                All I’ve used or been around are junk. Some are less junk than others.

I’m one of the few that don’t use them and have no current desire to start
                Yeah I am done with them, gonna try to find reflective arrow wraps for crossbow bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  Yeah I am done with them, gonna try to find reflective arrow wraps for crossbow bolts.
                  Build your own

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    Build your own
                    Are you talking about the homemade lighted nock thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      That's what I got for my crossbow, brand new in the pack and the batteries needed replaced, two came on in the quiver. The one I shot thru the animal fell out of the bolt

Maybe I am too rough with them.

Now that being said, a while back I was looking at some ten point arrows at bass pro a while back that had the 2.0 nocks and it seemed like they slid in and out way to easy but I had some arrows built at south shore archery supply and mine snap in nice and tight

Comment

I use Nufletch Ignitor Nocks. Easy to install, easy to use, easy to reset. And the batteries are replaceable.

Install the correct insert for your arrow into the back of the arrow Place the LED in nock and slide into the insert Ignitor contains 3 complete lighted nocks that fit the 4 most common nock sizes (GT, S, H, and X) inside diameters LED's are removable and replaceable Save battery life by practicing without the LED inst

Comment

How does the reflective tape work? Does it mess with flight or exit off the string?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            How does the reflective tape work? Does it mess with flight or exit off the string?
                            No.
                            Bohning (and I’m sure others) make an arrow wrap. Looks white. Shines like a stop sign when a flashlight hits it. Effects flight same as a normal wrap would.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              C-EEZ makes a nice wrap. Comes in multiple colors and sizes for different applications. Small 1" strip near the nock, large 6" strip to place anywhere on the arrow, and a medium strip to place anywhere. I like them and notice no difference in flight.

But on another note, i still use lighted nocks. I was excited to try Glory Nock (original designer of Nockturnal before they sold to Feradyne)but they are too thick for me to shoot from the Triax. The string pinches it. But i do like the Off switch. No more having to pull the knock out or use a arrow tip to turn it off like Lumenok or Nockturnals. I have a brand new unopened package that i got from a friend who is sponsored by Glory Nock. I just need to open my D-loop slightly to allow for better fit but wont mess with it until i burn up all the nockturnals i have left.

Comment

Working...
                              X