UTV Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV Questions

I'm looking at the UTV's closely at the Polaris Ranger 900 w/EPS and the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT w/EPS that has the trans-cab. I'd like to hear your opinions on these. Good, bad or indifferent. I've been told these are the best of the "Big Three" (including Yamaha).

Gonna be used for deer lease and light work around the house and some pleasure riding.

The Polaris is a 3 seater and the Mule has a foldable rear seat so it's a 4 door.

Please let me know if you have or have had experience with these.

THANKS

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
    I'm looking at the UTV's closely at the Polaris Ranger 900 w/EPS and the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT w/EPS that has the trans-cab. I'd like to hear your opinions on these. Good, bad or indifferent. I've been told these are the best of the "Big Three" (including Yamaha).

Gonna be used for deer lease and light work around the house and some pleasure riding.

The Polaris is a 3 seater and the Mule has a foldable rear seat so it's a 4 door.

THANKS
    Where is your lease? If it's anywhere but deep mud, I'd get the Mule Pro. I have a 900xp single seat and love it, but wish I had the extra seating of the Mule. The bed on the Mule is tiny with the rear seats up. They're both good machines and will last you if maintained and not treated as submarines.....

Comment

Mule

Comment

I'd get the mule. Not as peppy as the ranger but a sure enough work horse. Plus the extra seating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a mule pro fxt and its a good machine. I use it hunting, yard work, general hauling, and just riding the back roads. Its not as fast as a polaris, but its a workhorse. For less problems w the mules than its competitors. Having 3 yr full warranty on a utv is unmatched and unheard of. They all have pros and cons, but overall it has what I need and like. I will say this, it is NOT a mud bogging utv. It does good in mud and will power out, pulls good, and climbs really well which surprised me. But its not made to be submerged and ran in deep water, like floor board level. The air intake is just at that level. My friend has a polaris, and he likes my mule better. Its quieter, and has a much better, smoother ride.

Comment

I love my mule pro.

Comment

love my mule pro. everything about it is smooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Honda Pioneer. Especially when it hits 66mph... Wow. Those Mule's are good machines too.

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post

THANKS
                  None of the above!! Buy Can Am, silly!! Seriously, at least check them out.

Comment

Ranger without a dough! Not a fan of the mule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought a new mule pro. So far I am very pleased. Power steering, ride quality, noise, integrated doors, seating, utility value - all awesome. But - no locking front differential. If you have a ton of deep mud riding in your future, I’d probably look at something else.

Comment

A single cab ranger vs a crew mule ? Not a very good comparison.
                        Go drive The ranger , mule and a can am. They are all around the same price. Canton will have lowest price on mule. Local dealership should price match. Houfpauer has good price on ranger. I have had two ranger crews and now have a mule fxt.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                          I love my Honda Pioneer. Especially when it hits 66mph... Wow. Those Mule's are good machines too.

This. Don't have one buts it's what I would buy. Paddle shifters too. FIL has a $20k top end ranger. I'm not impressed, at all. I don't get the hype on those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Ranger is fast, but that’s about all it beats to mule pro fxt at IMO. That and price.

If you want a comfortable ride get the mule

Comment

I'm going this morning to pick up a new Ranger crew. I compare them both and chose the ranger over the mule.
                              Both about the same price. Ranger is Camo. Mule is Green (About $1200 more for camo)
                              The mule is a 812cc the Ranger is a 1000
                              Ranger bed is bigger in the 2 seat configuration
                              You have to raise the seat to dump the bed in the Mule, Don't in the Ranger
                              Cup holders on the mule are better on the Mule IMO
                              3year warranty on the Mule, 1 year on the Ranger.

Both good machines.

Comment

Working...
                              X