No announcement yet.

Vaping - Worse than regular smokes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these problems are coming from black market products that contain THC. Prohibition really opens up the black market products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      As soon as the government taxes and regulates it....all will be good. Just look at cigarettes.
      Very true!

What I don't get is the FDA "saves" us from all these prescription drugs but why not make something obviously bad illegal?

Either the government needs to bow out OR do their job as intended.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      don't matter to me if you want to melt your lungs, drive without seat belt, ride with no helmet or live in a cave. Even idiots gotta die of something
      On one hand it doesn't matter to me either... But when they create crap that get even more stupid kids sick there has to be a line drawn somewhere. And you can't say to just raise your kids right and they'll be ok.. They statement was mostly true when maybe 5-10% of the kids did stupid crap..But when 60+% of all kids do stupid crap even the good kids eventually stoop and try it.

Comment

We know what smoking does and people still do it. I think young people did the smoking bit to be rebellious and just got hooked on it. Vaping was supposed to be the savior for smokers but people are still smoking.

Vaping might not be as bad as smoking but it can't be good either. It can't be good for your lungs to be taking in vapor that doesn't normally occur in nature.

What really sucks is that we as tax payers end up paying for the extraordinary high medical bills due to their bad choices. Not to mention, how many people die from smoking related disease. I have no sympathy for smokers that end up hospitalized and eventually dieing... We know the results of smoking! Smokers know the **** they will be putting on their family members.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          At the risk of seeming insensitive, I don’t see the wisdom of banning vaping and legalizing weed. That seems to be the overall movement that I see. Why does government care about one and not the other ? You can’t pass laws against stupidity and you can’t change people’s morals with laws. Anyone remember prohibition ? It didn’t work. The “war on drugs” didn’t work. As a nation we are unwilling to do what’s necessary to even keep drunk drivers off the road. Sure, we’re willing to put your brother, father, sister, etc. away, but not our own. Our own deserves a second chance, then a third, ad infinitum. Vaping is the same. Parents, find out what your kid is doing and correct that behavior. IMO, kids have no rights when they are living at home except food, shelter, clothing, and protection. Everything else we give out of love. So spy, question, search their room, whatever it takes. That’s your job as a parent if you love them and want the best for them.
          I disagree. But the exact opposite of what you're thinking. Over the past 25 years we have made laws protecting children. Can't spank them, can't let teachers discipline, the definition of bullying has gone to extreme pansie mode, etc.. It's never the kids fault. We've become way to soft on children to their own detriment.

I agree with the last part. Be a parent and not a BFF

Comment

I also don't care which ways adults choose to utilize to self-destruct. Whatever, you made the choice, you can deal with it.

The problem with these products is that they're pretty obviously directed towards kids, even though they claim otherwise. The flavors, smells, etc, clearly appeal to younger audiences and even though teenagers are supposed to be "young adults", they're inarguably extremely impressionable and vulnerable to peer pressure. It also ****** me off how all the ads talk about "making the switch" in a fashion that makes it seem like a safe alternative. Like switching from smoking cigs to vaping is somehow an accomplishment. That's wrong and shouldn't be allowed.

But, like everything else, it'll only take a few deaths and these companies will start piling up lawsuits and something will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              Commercially produced vape products don't seem as bad, the home brews can obviously be a big problem.

But I personally don't care if it's as bad for the smoker, that's their choice, what I like about vaping is that it's not nearly as obnoxious as smoking to people other than the smoker.

Vape doesn't linger as much as smoking, you don't immediately smell a vaper from 200 yards away.

Plus vaping looks super ******y so it's fun to make fun of vapers.

I would like for everyone who smokes to start vaping so I don't have to smell their cigarette stank
              I promise you I can buy the stuff online or at Walmart to make a product that looks just like the commercially produce ones. I could mix it in my bath tub, package it and sell it and you would never know it.
              Last edited by Hoggslayer; 09-13-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Heck you can get all of the commercial looking packaging and cells by the thousands on eBay from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What should be done was your question. The answer is parents educate their kids, show them what can happen, and allow their kids to make their own decisions. Honest discussions over and over will beat it into a kids head these products are bad. And those same parents need to punish their kids when they make bad decisions.

But then you suggest legal pot is the reason everyone is vaping. I think that is a completely separate issue. But again, the answer is to educate your kids with pot too.

If everyone educates their own kids, and helps friends and family members to educate their kids, the problem would go away. The problem here is everyone thinks government can fix everything.

Comment

for those who want to know, basic vape liquid consists of varying percentages of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I disagree. But the exact opposite of what you're thinking. Over the past 25 years we have made laws protecting children. Can't spank them, can't let teachers discipline, the definition of bullying has gone to extreme pansie mode, etc.. It's never the kids fault. We've become way to soft on children to their own detriment.

I agree with the last part. Be a parent and not a BFF
                      I think we agree. People’s morals are just that, morals. Behavior can be changed by others, morals are your own. And yes, what you say is true unfortunately.

Comment

Adults who vape are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Commercially produced vape products don't seem as bad, the home brews can obviously be a big problem.

But I personally don't care if it's as bad for the smoker, that's their choice, what I like about vaping is that it's not nearly as obnoxious as smoking to people other than the smoker.

Vape doesn't linger as much as smoking, you don't immediately smell a vaper from 200 yards away.

Plus vaping looks super ******y so it's fun to make fun of vapers.

I would like for everyone who smokes to start vaping so I don't have to smell their cigarette stank

I think vaping is considerably more obnoxious than smoking that exhale is some pretty nasty stuff lung liquid saliva and whatever crap they are inhaling.

I can smell vape from cars in traffic several vehicles away.

I can’t think of a more disgusting habit.

Comment

They're both equally gross and dumb

Comment

Unless its being used to quit smoking, I just cant help but instantly judge someone as an idiot when i see them puffing on one. Such followers. So pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                don't matter to me if you want to melt your lungs, drive without seat belt, ride with no helmet or live in a cave. Even idiots gotta die of something
                                Just don't expect me to pay for it--tax-wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X