NM Antelope Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM Antelope Hunt

DUKFVR, FVR JR and myself along with 3 other friends made a trip to NM for antelope. We had 4 first time antelope hunters and they all were successful the first day. DUKFVR and myself tagged out on day 2. It was a great trip and fun to watch FVR JR take his first antelope, he made a heck of a shot, as well as his old man. The weather was miserable hot, but the mornings were nice for a few hours. Not sure why NM moved all the antelope hunts from October to August, but that was a bad decisions. The hides on the animals are in poor condition this time of year.

FVR JR

Nice! Congrats on a great hunt.

Comment

Success!! Congratulations on some solid goats

Comment

Nice antelope, Ted. David isn't getting any prettier, is he? Are ya'll using an outfitter or DIY? If outfitter, pm me the info, please.

Comment

You made a great shot yourself My friend.
          The one I shot had a split prong. We were seeing a lot of goats & figured I would take something a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
            Nice antelope, Ted. David isn't getting any prettier, is he? Are ya'll using an outfitter or DIY? If outfitter, pm me the info, please.
            Yeah it gets harder and harder looking at David. We hunted with our good friend Tye Lightfoot with SW New Mexico Trophy Hunts and Properties. Been knowing Tye for over 10 years, great person.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

I think you could title that one "Two old goats".

Good hunt guys!

Comment

Here's one with all the ugly together. Think we had to buy the guide a new camera after this one. Just too much ugly together. LOL!

Comment

They have their hunts this time of year, because it is peak rut right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    They have their hunts this time of year, because it is peak rut right now.
                    Not in our area. Usually starts in September and into October.

Comment

Nice speed goats fellas. Good looking prairie rattler also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post

Comment

Well done guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^yes well done.

someday i will get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
                              Up north its usually around Mid September to early October. Further south (NM, TX, AZ), it starts up around the end of August usually. I hunted NM a few years ago around September 1st - 3rd, and bucks were already laid up with does.
                              Last edited by 44mAG; 08-29-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X