No announcement yet.

Picked up new truck and trailer today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give me your hourly rate. PM me. Got lots of land that needs attention. Dozer is probably a better tool for the job but that thing leaves it cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
      95% of my trailering can be done with an 250. I buy 350s to get the LWB.
      Ah thought you meant single wheel not short wheel base. My mistake. I see a few around, but not a whole lot.

Comment

Top notch machinery all the way around right there. Good luck to you and the endeavor.

Comment

Just an update.....got the machine picked up today and got it home. I was very happy with the performance of the truck and how it handled with that heavy of a load. It’ll pull it way faster than I’m comfortable with. Averaged 11.5mpg on the 90 minute drive back home. I was expecting less with that kind of weight.

Got the machine unloaded here at the house. It got the bulldog stamp of approval. He felt the need to pisss on my track right after I took his pic.
          I’ve already put a couple hours on it clearing up a few spots here at the house. It’s pretty impressive.

I really appreciate all the good words and well wishes from everyone. I’ve got a couple of PM’s from people and I’ll reply to them right now.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice setup! I have a similar setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at doing this exact setup but couldn’t justify the overhead cost when I can work overtime with no overhead.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                I looked at doing this exact setup but couldn’t justify the overhead cost when I can work overtime with no overhead.

Good luck to you!
                I fully agree with you on the actual numbers. I can work overtime as well and they pay me a crazy amount of money for it with zero overhead, but I want to eventually own my own successful business and not work for “someone else”. I’m a much happier person being my own boss. What it will add to my quality of life is worth it to me....and I’m not referring to the money aspect.

I want to be able to actually enjoy what I’m doing. My current job is pure gravy and I’m paid well, but that doesn’t mean I actually enjoy it. I do however enjoy running equipment. I’ll enjoy it even more when someone else is running it for me and I’m traveling around bidding jobs.

Comment

This is an awesome thread OP. Congrats!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Ok so please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but a couple of y’all mentioned me needing a CDL to haul this? Can someone tell me why? Is it the weight of the machine? The trailer? It’s only 25ft. He’ll I’ve had boats over 30ft long before. Is this a Texas thing? I’m just curious on what makes me need to have a CDL. I know we’ve hauled longer/heavier trailers moving round bales and nobody ever had a CDL.

Comment

Good looking rig!

I'd take it across some certified scales. With SRW you have to be right at the towing capacity of the truck.

I can't vouch for Texas, but the DOT around here carries scales in their truck.

Are you gonna put DOT #'s on your truck? I don't run #'s on my rig, but my mulcher(Diamond Mower/Kubota) is just for personal use. Not for hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        Ok so please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but a couple of y’all mentioned me needing a CDL to haul this? Can someone tell me why? Is it the weight of the machine? The trailer? It’s only 25ft. He’ll I’ve had boats over 30ft long before. Is this a Texas thing? I’m just curious on what makes me need to have a CDL. I know we’ve hauled longer/heavier trailers moving round bales and nobody ever had a CDL.
                        Over 26,001 lbs combined.

edit: From Google "A CDL is required to drive any of the following vehicles: Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, providing the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds."

Page 8: https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetFo...rms/CVE-13.pdf
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 07-18-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                          Over 26,001 lbs combined.

edit: From Google "A CDL is required to drive any of the following vehicles: Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, providing the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds."

Page 8: https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetFo...rms/CVE-13.pdf
                          So it’s the total weight of the truck, trailer, and machine, or just the total of the trailer and machine?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Didn’t see your diagram.

Comment

Awesome man! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07 View Post
                                Awesome man! Good luck!
                                Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X