Montana Rifle Company Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Rifle Company Opinions?

Looking into a nice looking 7 mag without breaking the bank. The American Legends Rifle has my attention. Anyone have one and what's your opinion of it?
    B

What’s your budget ?

They seem “ok” yet nothing spectacular or jaw dropping

Comment

If you like the Winchester M70s of yester year you will like the Montana rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        What’s your budget ?

They seem “ok” yet nothing spectacular or jaw dropping
        I would like to keep the rifle around $1500-$2,000. I like the Cooper Custom Classic better, but trying to not spend that much if I go this route. Around the $1500 mark I will still hunt with it whenever, even in some lesser conditions. If I spend $3,000-$3500 on a spectacular beauty, it's going to end up a safe queen, and I don't want that.

The other route I am still kicking around is to have Short Action Customs build me a 7 mag in something along the lines of a McMillan A1-3, with a proof carbon barrel for a long range hunter. Which would definitely cost me more, but I wouldn't be scared to take that one out and ding a beautiful wood stock.
        B

Comment

for $1500 you can build a custom rifle, to your desired specs on an HS stock (700 action)

for $2000 you can build the same custom rifle on a Manners or McM stock (700 action)

if you're set on a wood stock, search the inet and find a Cooper for < $2K

or go with a McM McWoody to look like this

Comment

for $1500 you can build a custom rifle, to your desired specs on an HS stock (700 action)

for $2000 you can build the same custom rifle on a Manners or McM stock (700 action)

Purty

Comment

Hey, Mr Cajun do you like that Mcwoody stock? Does it look like wood or a Remington Nylon? Does it have dense feel or hollow feel.I have been talking with Accuracy Innovation about a laminate stock. Just curious.

Comment

McWoody will be on my next build... love the old school look

Comment

WOW!! Who built that for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Hey, Mr Cajun do you like that Mcwoody stock? Does it look like wood or a Remington Nylon? Does it have dense feel or hollow feel.I have been talking with Accuracy Innovation about a laminate stock. Just curious.
                    It's a McMillan gelcoat stock , same as all other McM's just an equal 33.3%
                    mixture of dark brown, light brown, & black. McM can mix any color you want as I've owned close to 50 over the yrs

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                    WOW!! Who built that for you?
                    not mine as I used the pic for a reference. That's actually a Tikka 375 H&H

Comment

Working...
                    X