Chocolate vs black lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate vs black lab

What is everyone's opinion on chocolate labs vs black labs. I have heard from different people that black labs are better when it comes to hunting/retrieving and easier to train.

False

Comment

Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

Dont believe it, same breed just happened to be different color. I had a chocolate lab and is easily the best dog I've ever had. Quick learner, retrieved doves, loved the water and the best friend ever.

Comment

Well just look at how many Black NFC, FC And AFC there are. I have only seen a few Choclate labs that get after it. Most I have seen were duds. I have only owned Black and Yellow labs. Most importantly if you want a Choclate, make sure you look at the Pedigree. I really don't care what the dog look like it's all about the Pedigree. If he has stacked Pedigree chances are you will have a great dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
            Well just look at how many Black NFC, FC And AFC there are. I have only seen a few Choclate labs that get after it. Most I have seen were duds. I have only owned Black and Yellow labs. Most importantly if you want a Choclate, make sure you look at the Pedigree. I really don't care what the dog look like it's all about the Pedigree. If he has stacked Pedigree chances are you will have a great dog.

This is true regardless of color. Personally I'm partial to yellow dogs but if the pedigree isn't hunt tilted then color really doesn't matter.

Comment

All about the pedigree.

Comment

No doubt the silver and bronze of the lab world, sorry I had to due to having the best pair of yellows I've ever had. But I'm partial to blacks over chocolates. I've had two chocolates and they were beautiful dogs, but there was nothing between the ears. The only black I've ever had was a go getter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not a huge dog guy but I have always wondered how black yellow and chocolates can come from the same litter and then it is said that one color is better or smarter than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbin View Post
                    I'm not a huge dog guy but I have always wondered how black yellow and chocolates can come from the same litter and then it is said that one color is better or smarter than the other.
                    Long perpetuated urban myth. Same reason some people think English Labs are show dogs that cant hunt.

Comment

Im just a common man, drive a common van, my dog aint got no pedigree.............

Pedigree makes all the difference. Has nothing to do with color. Serbin in post #9 sums it up.

Comment

Have had 2 of the best chocolates you could ask for. I do feel the chocolates are more high strung than others. My son has a black from a litter I had and she is useless in the field.

Comment

Agree with above pedigree comments. That being said, Once you go black....

Comment

Yellow/Choc/Blk doesn't make a difference. It's just those meth labs you have to watch out for.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Do what I did and have both!

Mother and Son
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X