Receiver Hitch Game Hoist W/Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver Hitch Game Hoist W/Power

After I struggled to get a 125lb pig in my truck a couple of weeks ago (I'm getting too old for this stuff) I decided it was time to build a Receiver Hitch Game Hoist.
    Since I have a 110 outlet in the bed of my truck I decided to use a electric hoist. The whole rig is heavy but it's very stout.
    Made with 11ga steel tubing and round tubing. $53.00
    Chicago Electric Winch 400lb line pull. $80.00. (got it off EBay brand new. )
    So I've got $135.00 tied up in this rig.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589886.013941.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24951680

It swivels.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589923.476778.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	24951681

To make it easier to get in the back of the truck to add the top half or load game, I added a step bar. It comes in reall handy. (my wife calls it my "Geezer Step". funny lady. )

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361590090.869744.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	24951682

The whole thing breaks down into two pieces for easy transport. It can also be easily converted to a hand crank winch in minutes.

I almost forgot. The reason that I left the top end of it so long is so I can turn it horizontal, with the winch end in the receiver hitch and use the hoist as a winch for stretching fence.
    Last edited by Geezy Rider; 02-22-2013, 09:38 PM.

That's awesome I have a manual one and love it and it was $100 would you be willing to build another and how much would you sell it for?

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
      That's awesome I have a manual one and love it and it was $100 would you be willing to build another and how much would you sell it for?
      Sure, I could build another. Those electric hoists go for about $135 or better. I just happened to come across a deal on eBay. And don't for get you have to have some way of powering it. My Taco has a built in 110 outlet in the bed of the truck that allows me to run power to anything that will run off of household current.
      Depending on the cost of the electric hoist I would probably have to get around $275-300 for building one.

Comment

Here it is in position as a fence stretcher.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361625919.027238.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	24173989

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Mad skills

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Awesom

Comment

No excuses now !!! Kap !!!!

Comment

That thing is awesome.

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

Way to use your noggin! Multifunctional. Is the truck outlet factory installed? I sure would like to have a 110 outlet in my truck.

Comment

Nice job Geoff. Like we were talking about the other day, those plugs in the Tacomas sure are handy.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                            Way to use your noggin! Multifunctional. Is the truck outlet factory installed? I sure would like to have a 110 outlet in my truck.
                            It was factory installed as an option. It really comes in handy.

Comment

Very cool. I can see me using it to drag an elk or mulie up out of our canyon .

Comment

Working...
                              X