Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your High Racks Pics for a DIY'er please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Your High Racks Pics for a DIY'er please.

I'd like to build a high rack to go in the back of my Chevy Avalanche..and have searched on here for pictures. I think I have a bunch of 1" square tubing for the right price..(ALMOST FREE)!!

Found a few (pics) on here doing searches, but was hoping to get all the pics and ideas into one thread. Please post pics of your High Rack so we can use them for ideas and designs if possible! Also, ideas, tricks and mods would be great too.

Just finished my DIY Caller thanks to the ideas posted on here too. I'll get a few pics and post them over on that thread as well.

Im thinking 2 chairs, either side by side or front back, plus room for a cooler up top. A place to mount the caller. Padded rails all the way around. Using a portable Q beam, so 12 Volt Jacks up top will be nice. I'm just starting out with the varmint hunting, so not really sure what I'd need or want out of the high rack! Lets hear all the ideas, and see what you got! I need to keep it light enough to load by hand also. Overall width under 42 inches, and overall length around 5 foot.

Thanks
    Rob

very interested in this as well...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine.
        Last edited by Aggiebowhunter03; 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Comment

[ATTACH]83054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]83055[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]83056[/ATTACH][/quote]

Comment

Some good looking rigs

Comment

Old rack, basic design, two swiveling plastic boat seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coyotes 06.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	23922668

New rack, two swiveling plastic boat seats, fold down steps, old ice chest mounted in for storage, radio with cassette player, 2 PA speakers from radio shack, 2 cig lighter plugs, all wired in by plugging in to the trailer light hook-up inside the bed, middle storage rack to keep stuff out of the blood in the bed, shotgun mount inside stand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0062 111.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	23922669

Comment

mine
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebowhunter03 View Post
                    Here's mine.

Comment

Here's Mine....
                      Attached Files

Comment

nice i am looking for one for my ranger

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post

New rack, two swiveling plastic boat seats, fold down steps, old ice chest mounted in for storage, radio with cassette player, 2 PA speakers from radio shack, 2 cig lighter plugs, all wired in by plugging in to the trailer light hook-up inside the bed, middle storage rack to keep stuff out of the blood in the bed, shotgun mount inside stand.

I recognize that high rack! Good luck tomorrow. We will be there hope the critters cooperate tomorrow night!

Comment

these are awesome. i think i like aggiebowhunters the best with the spotlight mount and everything, that is awesome, just cant have 2 ppl up there. makes me want to build one for our ranch truck

Comment

Those are some nice rigs. Im building a new one for my toyota tacoma now. My old rack fit a full size pickup and when I down sized, well, now everything must be down sized. Good luck, its a lot of fun costomizing your own rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X