PVC Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunt n fish View Post
    That is a cool looking bow, do they take long to make?
    Don't take long at all to make if you have a heat gun

Comment

what do you use for string?

Comment

Awesome build! I think heating it will work aslong as you don't let it get to hot to quick!

Comment

looks good

Comment

I think y'all need to quit trying to save a few dollars and go buy the kids one from academy.you gonna keep messing around and someone's kid is gonna get hurt with them homemade .

Comment

Originally posted by 21RFL View Post
              I think y'all need to quit trying to save a few dollars and go buy the kids one from academy.you gonna keep messing around and someone's kid is gonna get hurt with them homemade .
              Really???? The back button is your friend.

Comment

Awesome build!

I made one out of PVC 29 years ago when I was a teenager. It was fun but did not have the ability (or know how) to shape it so it was very limited on power.

Comment

Originally posted by 21RFL View Post
                  Really!?! Why? What is your area if expertise? Stop "thinking" about stuff you have never done or no knowledge of.

From experience. These are really great starter bows. Use 1/2" PVC to get a 12-20lb draw. Use the inexpensive wood arrows from academy. You can catch them on sell for $2.50. My kids started out with these pvc bows at age 4. Now they are 6 and 8 and have nicer real bows. My boy is wicked good with his new Martin XR 100. All because he started with a PVC bow. He also has a compound but rarely ever shoots it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362592711.987867.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	24177851

Comment

Working...
                  X