• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Two Smokers

[ATTACH]880248[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]880249[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]880250[/ATTACH]

My dad and myself decided we wanted to build him a new smoker. I picked up the 250 and 125 gallon tanks from Ntxshooter in PP and I found the large tank in Bowie. Originally we planned to just use the 250 gallon as the main chamber but I talked my dad into a larger cook chamber since we are going to be mounting this on a 20’ boat trailer. We cut the tank head off of the 125 gallon tank and we’re planning to use this as a liner for the semi insulated fire box but the tank is only 1/4” and we wanted to go a little heavier. This leaves us building two smokers now which really works out pretty good. So far we have cut the 250 gallon in half and will use one piece as the firebox outer liner on the large smoker build. The other piece will be saved for another smoker build down the road. My pops picked up some 24” 3/8” wall casing for the liner on one smoker and the fire box on the small smoker along with a 6’ 6” schedule 40 pipe for the stack on the little one. Progress will be slow as deer season is here and we have a lot going on but I will update as we have progress. Oh ya, the main chamber on the large smoker is 13’x32”

So, how did the smoker turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
      So, how did the smoker turn out?
      Just saw this, between building a house and getting married, progress has been slow but I will snap some pics soon of our process. Finally got my shop in order so things should pick up!

Comment

Keep us posted once it is up, I hope that it will work fine.

Comment

[ATTACH]947464[/ATTACH]

I have a couple more pics that failed to load. So far we have tacked on some legs as a temporary stand, cut and finished out the doors and we almost have the stack on. This smoker will pretty much be a mini Franklin smoker to the t but we are going to change some stuff for the big smoker.

Comment

Looks good so far. Nice work.

Comment

Looks really good.

Comment

I built one similar. Still needs paint and some finish work.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post

That looks great!! Did you use a 6” pipe for the stack?

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                    That looks great!! Did you use a 6” pipe for the stack?

I believe it is 6”.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post

That will be a smoking machine, love that big firebox. Big mistake some people make is the firebox being to small.

Comment

Working...
                      X