X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen brother! Thanks for the reminder!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

The only reason I hunt and fish these days.
      Attached Files

Comment

I never thought I would enjoy hunting, and not being the one behind the trigger. That is, until my daughter started going with me.

We've spent hours upon hours walking the woods, sitting in blinds and hanging out. Half the fun is preparing for hunting; bow tuning, arrow building, reloading, and lots of practice.

I look forward to taking her hunting even more than hunts by myself (and I love hunting alone)

It seems every year, that my daughter corrects her science teacher about animal behavior or something else she has observed for herself in nature, and I get a phone call. I chuckle after every conversation, they all seem to go just about like this:

teacher - "Twerpy has been telling some stories in class, and I'm not so sure that they're true"
        me - "such as?"
        teacher - "Walking around the woods at all hours of day and night. She's seen deer fighting, mating, and doing all kinds of stuff. She's chased after hogs, caught snakes and frogs, and swears that turkey are much smarter than most folks give them credit for being."
        me - "yup, that's all true"

Comment

Well said! Thankful my dad guided in the path of this precious sport of hunting! Showing my son the same has been great. Seeing him excited every season makes my hunting seasonvery worth while . Good luck to all kiddos

Comment

Amen!!!

My 3 boys have fished in more states than most grown men.

They are hell on deer too!

Comment

Pic is my wife and dad, Lake Ouachita from earlier this month. No crappie to be found. You can get youth back, just not where you found it before.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Razorback01; 10-26-2017, 06:52 PM. Reason: added

Comment

I will be out this weekend with my youngest and my nephew. Good Luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Your kids are great
                  Your Grandkids are better

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	24515433

Comment

This young man got his first this AM. He was still on a high when we all left this afternoon. Memories made!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best thing you can spend on your kids is time
                      Some of the best times in my life has been hunting with my boys.
                      I tell my kids all the time. Ain't cha happy Daddy didn't take up stamp collecting?
                      Hunting is a wee bit more exciting

Comment

Was able to get a old slick head down with the boy on saturday

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday morning came way too early for my little man. It was cold too, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol! Yep, cold for sure. 26 degrees at 6:00 when we started walking to blind. His teeth didn’t stop chattering till the lil buddy heater did it’s thing.

Comment

The one thing our children want most, and we rarely give, is our time.

My son decided he wanted to begin hunting when he was 16 yrs. old. Luckily, someone told me about the TYHP - Texas Youth Hunting Program. Unfortunately, the hunts begin on Friday afternoon, and continue through the weekend. This means taking your kid out of school on a school day. When my son asked what should he tell the school when they asked for the reason why he had to miss school. I told him that I would say that he was joining his father on a religious retreat. He always chuckled thinking we were pulling a fast one on the school administration. I told him that God wasn't necessarily in a building, but all around us, and in our hearts as well. One fall, we were lucky enough to get drawn for a deer hunt on a private ranch overlooking Enchanted Rock. Both of us got to see a beautiful sunrise over Enchanted Rock on Sunday morning. I looked over at my son and said: "Welcome to the house of our Lord, Enchanted Rock branch." He nodded his head, and I knew that he got what I had been trying to tell him about the beauty of our world, and that it was God's work.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                                The one thing our children want most, and we rarely give, is our time.

My son decided he wanted to begin hunting when he was 16 yrs. old. Luckily, someone told me about the TYHP - Texas Youth Hunting Program. Unfortunately, the hunts begin on Friday afternoon, and continue through the weekend. This means taking your kid out of school on a school day. When my son asked what should he tell the school when they asked for the reason why he had to miss school. I told him that I would say that he was joining his father on a religious retreat. He always chuckled thinking we were pulling a fast one on the school administration. I told him that God wasn't necessarily in a building, but all around us, and in our hearts as well. One fall, we were lucky enough to get drawn for a deer hunt on a private ranch overlooking Enchanted Rock. Both of us got to see a beautiful sunrise over Enchanted Rock on Sunday morning. I looked over at my son and said: "Welcome to the house of our Lord, Enchanted Rock branch." He nodded his head, and I knew that he got what I had been trying to tell him about the beauty of our world, and that it was God's work.

Regards,

Dave

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X