No announcement yet.

Backpack rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it didn't require a federal stamp for the SBR, that would be my ideal gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess I always have to be the "lone wolf," but I/and the sons have a Judge in the 6.5" (I think) barrel, ss that's perfect for exactly what you are talking about? Shoots 410 shot and 45 Long Colt. Snakes, small critters, hogs...two options that will take care of all you mentioned. It is ACCURATE, well, depending on who the shooter is? With the longer barrel there is little recoil. The shot shell is good at closer range, less than 10' IMO, but the 45 Long Colt packs a punch for the more "challenging" game. Just a thought?

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        Guess I always have to be the "lone wolf," but I/and the sons have a Judge in the 6.5" (I think) barrel, ss that's perfect for exactly what you are talking about? Shoots 410 shot and 45 Long Colt. Snakes, small critters, hogs...two options that will take care of all you mentioned. It is ACCURATE, well, depending on who the shooter is? With the longer barrel there is little recoil. The shot shell is good at closer range, less than 10' IMO, but the 45 Long Colt packs a punch for the more "challenging" game. Just a thought?

Will the judge handle 410 slugs, or just shot?

Comment

I'm not sure about the slugs? I carry this when touring clients on my land sales? I don't see why it would not, but with the 45 long colt IMO, there is no need. I load 2- 410 rounds then the rest with the 45, so prepared for just about anything. LOL, if I miss with the shot then even with my old legs we can avoid a snake. But I'm telling you from experience, that 45 Long Colt at reasonable range will do a job on hogs...just about anything else except a bear...but it will stop a Blackie if the shot placement is right? If you are in an area with Brownies (Griz) just save the last round for yourself! I have an old buddy in NW New Mexico that used the 45 Long Colt to take out Lions that were treed and he swears DRT. Just a thought but much more easy to carry than any "back pack" rifle that you have to allow time to set up??? Good Luck and remember one more thing..The Judge (Taurus) has a LIFETIME WARRANTY and I can say I've used them once on another firearm and the service was great.

Comment

Judge

Comment

Keltec Sub-2000

Comment

Ruger 10/22 breakdown with a can . Made for backpacking.

Comment

Here's my Charger.

There are a LOT of upgrades that you can do to them. This one has a lower tension recoil spring and a lightened bolt to help with cycling of lower velocity ammo. It also now has a Ruger replacement trigger (2-3 pound trigger pull instead of the stock 5 pounder), the scope is a Simmons 3-9 power .22 Magnum model, and a makeshift shoulder sling adjusted to give better stability when free handing it. I've yet to take it to the range but it should be a real fun one to shoot, it should be quiet with lower velocity rounds (i.e. standard velocity rounds), and it should be pretty accurate too.

Comment

These are some really cool options.
                    I think I'm leaning more towards a shorter barrel 10/22 (not an SBR) with an underfold stock.

Comment

I like all the ideas and options you guys have shown. I keep thinking about weight. The older I get the more it's an issue.

Comment

But can you beat 12 options?

Last edited by Bigyummy77; 03-13-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I don't trust anything made by chiappa arms. The stuff they HAVE brought to market has been shotty at best, and this gun was announced 4 years ago and I still don't know anyone who has been able to order one.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                            I don't trust anything made by chiappa arms. The stuff they HAVE brought to market has been shotty at best, and this gun was announced 4 years ago and I still don't know anyone who has been able to order one.

I had a 1911 in .22lr from them. It was a cheap, fun gun to shoot. Other than that I know nothing about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

Also buds shows to have it in stock

FAMILY:M6 SERIES  MODEL:M6 X-Caliber  TYPE:Combo  ACTION:Over / Under  FINISH:Matte Black &nbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Been wearin' the pigs out with my hi-point 9mm. Small, light, accurate and cheap! No fixin' up needed.(maybe a trigger job) Was one for sale on TBH for a great price too...ready to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X