No announcement yet.

How Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The little buck on the right is a 2.5 year old. I don't see 3.5 at all on the bigger buck. 4.5-5.5 is more like it

Comment

Comment

His shoulders and back say 4. The rest of him says 3

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          The little buck on the right is a 2.5 year old. I don't see 3.5 at all on the bigger buck. 4.5-5.5 is more like it
          I agree, pretty thick in chest, long body, belly filling out, think 4 anyway. Think they look less developed in summer. Nice deer, bet he looks heavier in two or three months. GL. D

Comment

Is that on the horn up at Black Buck? If so I may have pics of him from last year. PM and I will see what I can figure.

Comment

I was going to say 2 but looking more I think 3 or maybe 4.

LWD

Comment

dang, ALL bucks have skinny necks this time of year.....

he's a four year old all day long.

Comment

I think he was probably born on May 24, 2013. If my guess is right, and if the date on your trailcam is right, that makes him 3.2055 years old in that pic. He definitely shows a lot of promise. If he can survive until he's 6.3562 years old (on October 1, 2019), he should be a STUD and would make a great hit list buck for your opening day that year. But if you don't get him then and he makes it to 6.5 years of age on November 24, 2019 before you get a shot at him, he might have a broken tine or three after all that pre-rut fighting. I hope you get him before then.

Comment

I apologize if my post is taken the wrong way here. I really think he's a 3 year old. I had just posted this thread prior to reading yours, and some of the replies there inspired my post here.

Comment

Working...
                    X