Ketamine infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ketamine infusion

Yeah I know the date rape drug etc. I am wanting to know if anyone has any real life experiences with these type of infusions?

I did a bit of research and around here seems like nurses are doing the infusions at "treatment clinics" more for depression, mood disorders etc.

Pain management doctors in larger metro areas use it for mood disorders but more so for pain management, which is what I am looking for.

Most suggest using a doctor and not a fly by night clinic that may not understand the dangers etc of the infusions.

If you have experience with this type of medicine let me know the plus and minus of it. Thanks,

My wife is starting to look into. Have not done the research yet . Just in the starting stages of looking into it .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      My wife is starting to look into. Have not done the research yet . Just in the starting stages of looking into it .
      Let me know what she thinks. I am interested to hear more so if she goes and sees a doctor about this type of infusion. Thanks

Comment

Ketamine infusion

I think one of her therapist she had seen is the one who got her thinking about it . My wife would be using it for pain management too .

Comment

Interesting. I hadn’t heard of ketamine being used this way for depression and such. I carry ketamine on the ambulance for intubation and sedation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ketamine has been used for phantom pain for amputees. Quadruple amputee Staff Sgt. Travis Mills talks about being put into a ketamine induced coma for a couple of weeks in his book. https://www.travismills.org/book/ He talks about it causing severe hallucinations while he was in the coma, but being 100% pain free once he awoke.

Veterinarians have used it for decades for anesthesia in large and small animals and more recently for pain management.

Because of the hallucinogenic effects (which are most likely dose dependent), I would be extremely cautious about having it administered in a walk-in "fly by night" clinic.

Comment

K trance is what the druggies would call it after taking it. Heard it completely zones you out

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                K trance is what the druggies would call it after taking it. Heard it completely zones you out
                K Hole is what we always called it and yes it does. Couple of those and I was good for the rest of my life. Probably the least fun drug I've ever done. A lot like heroin imo. People been drowning their problems with it for a long time.

Comment

We carry it at work to administer for pain management and sedation for RSI. I’ve only used it a handful of times on my patients. It had emergence delirium side affects that I was not prepared for the first time I did use it. I try and steer clear of administering it based off what I’ve seen in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    Interesting. I hadn’t heard of ketamine being used this way for depression and such. I carry ketamine on the ambulance for intubation and sedation.

From what I remember it was short term use until the anti depressants got in your system.

Comment

Not recommend

I wouldn’t take it unless it was last resort

Can cause significant hallucinations

Is a very powerful drug

Would have to be a specialized doctor to administer it Fly by night will kill you

Imo

Comment

I have done Ketamine infusion about 10 times for PTSD following the drowning death of my daughter Tristan.
                        I feel that it save my life.
                        Yes, there are mild hallucinations, but my wife drives me home afterwards. Get home and go to bed and sleep for a couple of hours and feel fine.
                        I would highly recommend it.

Comment

Haven't heard it used for mood disorders. Used for pain, RSI and helps with emergency psych patients. Fantastic medicinal drug with more uses/benefits than fentanyl/morphine
                          Last edited by billythefish; 02-19-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher View Post
                            I have done Ketamine infusion about 10 times for PTSD following the drowning death of my daughter Tristan.
                            I feel that it save my life.
                            Yes, there are mild hallucinations, but my wife drives me home afterwards. Get home and go to bed and sleep for a couple of hours and feel fine.
                            I would highly recommend it.
                            My condolences and I am glad it worked for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                              My condolences and I am glad it worked for you.
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X