No announcement yet.

I don’t understand suicide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen way too many times, in youth and every age in general. I will never rap my head around it.

I use to be the one to critize those that did this. Now I just think of what awful Demons made them do it. Prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      For about 30 years our society at large has taken the ability to experience loss from our young people and as a result they have a hard time dealing with it.
      Every kid gets a trophy, 2+2 = what ever makes you happy.
      Take these little changes and then tell them they have ADD, PTSD, or any other type of issue that is treated with mind altering drugs and disaster is just around the corner for some folks.

I have seen several young folks who have killed themselves and it is sad and heartbreaking for sure.

Prayers up
      so very true...

prayers sent

Comment

So sad. Praying for family

Comment

Prayers for the family

Comment

So sad...our community went thru this not long ago.

Depression is real and needs to be dialogues that an manner that promotes healthy loving.

Comment

Terrible, Prayers ^, God Bless

Comment

Unrecognized and undiagnosed depression has a lot to do with it I think. The ones you don't see coming have got to hurt badly. But the ones where you realize you didn't see the warning signs have to hurt worse.
                I've been dealing with this with a family member for the better part of a decade.
                No one wants to believe their child or sibling or (fill in the blank) has a mental illness. First you want to believe it is a stage, laziness, rebellion or any number of things. By the time your frustration and anger with behavior has you worn out then you don't know where to turn because the school system isn't equipped to steer you in the right direction, the doctors just prescribe a few pills that become your hope for a quick/easy fix and the therapist can't give you a whole lot of help because of confidentiality and they only get what the person chooses to give them.
                Then they stop taking meds because of a number of reasons including they make them feel more suicidal. Many times they turn to illegal drugs to "feel better" for short periods of time and that only drives them deeper into darkness. They quit communicating and you don't know where they are so you worry constantly. At some point you hopefully find a point of stability and gain a little hope. You learn a lot about coping mechanisms and try to share them and work with your loved one using them.
                The sad part is you get to the point where you know in your heart that one day you'll probably get the bad news. Your only real hope is that God can conquer their demons and give them peace and grace to get through life.
                Their struggle is very real. We may not understand it. We may judge it as selfish. To them though it is THE answer to issues they cannot hope to overcome. The only answer to a life filled with no hope, no chance of feeling right with life and the world from their point of view.
                If someone has a real and guaranteed answer please tell me now because I'll sell all I have to get it and advertise it to the world. Until then then prayer, love and time is the best I've been able to provide so far.

Gary

Comment

Prayers sent for her family. Truly sad.

Comment

Prayers for the family.

Comment

Always hate seeing these posts, it’s just a horrible thing for a family to endure. Prayers and healing to them in this time and years too come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is horrible......Prayers sent to all the family.

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                          Prayers for this young lady. Heart breaking to hear such news.

Depression is real
                          This, unless you been there, u won’t get it.

Comment

It’s a bad deal for sure. You just never know what someone is going through.

I found a guy that had hung himself last summer and it definitely got me thinking about what leads to it, etc. Those people just get a little off and don’t see a way out.

Comment

Terrible deal...prayers sent for all...

Comment

i've seen too many of them as well, its scary. i am an sro in ELEMENTARY schools and hear stories and talk to kids every week that are going through this stuff. one of my kids, that i got to know very well from being at the school daily (for him a lot of times), killed himself with his moms pistol, 5th grader, 10 years old, right in front of her. i have taken several others to mental hospitals for threats they have made...all 6th grade and under.

Comment

Working...
                                X