• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good

Comment

nice work

Comment

It looks like we have the same problem. Im thinking about 6 to 8 ft wide and build out of ibeam where i can take a truck or tractor across it. My main issue now is how high to set it off the ground. Qe just bought he property and im not sure where the creek stops filling up at.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
          It looks like we have the same problem. Im thinking about 6 to 8 ft wide and build out of ibeam where i can take a truck or tractor across it. My main issue now is how high to set it off the ground. Qe just bought he property and im not sure where the creek stops filling up at.

Better to go higher than you think it will get BC inevitably it will get there one day. Checked mine today and BC of the beams going into the ground it has changed the current eating away at my deep middle posts
          Attached Files

Comment

If you have any road reconstruction projects in your area, stop by and ask the contractor if they have any removal box culverts or concrete pipe.

I see hundreds of feet of this stuff that they actually have a hard time getting rid of due to the wire used in it.

A couple used pieces and you would have a crossing that would last forever with little maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                Whats up with the dirty face? Looks like one of my kids when someone rips it in the car.

Comment

Whats up with the dirty face? Looks like one of my kids when someone rips it in the car.

[emoji38][emoji23][emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Houston4x4 View Post
                    Better to go higher than you think it will get BC inevitably it will get there one day. Checked mine today and BC of the beams going into the ground it has changed the current eating away at my deep middle posts
                    Had too cut out the leading support bc all this rain has eroded it so deep the post started to lean. It’s crazy to see how deep this thing was and the water was still strong enough to move it

Comment

Anything in the water will scour out eventually (yours just quicker then others) and depth should be increased or put something upstream and downstream to help split the flow better instead of hitting pole and causing erosion.

Comment

Depending on what you drive across it, might try bigger beams and eliminate the posts in the creek.

Comment

seems adding a large culvert would help channel most of the water and away from the bridge.

Comment

Remove the 4x4 in the center. It will not only wash out but will catch too much debris and that is what tears up your bridge. Put down a pair of 4x4s on either side, about halfway up the bank ,out of the normal water flow. This will actually give you a stronger bridge due to a shorter span. Don't worry about concreting in,just get them deep.

Comment

I removed the front 4x4 and it has helped a lot. Will have to remove the trailing 4x4 soon

Comment

Working...
                              X