No announcement yet.

let's see those diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Ram 2500. Just bough this camper from a TBH’er and swapping stuff from our old bumper pull to this one.

Pulls like a train, especially now that it’s deleted and tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Dave what is your overall length pulling that combo?

Right under 65' if I remember correctly.
      My new utility trailer has a 2' longer deck so if I ever do this again I'll be over "legal".

Had a heavy duty rear bumper and 2" recover hitch installed to handle the load. (Thanks Robert T)

I found pulling this way to be really no big deal, just never get in a position to have to back up. I just acted like it was one long trailer.
      I figured out in time I needed one extra 5 gallons of fuel added between my Menard lease and the Luling Bucees to make it work.
      Others who rode with me were on pins and needles the entire way though.

I've also used this double tow to get Kayaks to where we were camping.

Nice looking new to you trailer Mike, got to love that freight train feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	24538487

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2007 cummins 5.9 six speed. Love this truck.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                Right under 65' if I remember correctly.
                My new utility trailer has a 2' longer deck so if I ever do this again I'll be over "legal".

Had a heavy duty rear bumper and 2" recover hitch installed to handle the load. (Thanks Robert T)

I found pulling this way to be really no big deal, just never get in a position to have to back up. I just acted like it was one long trailer.
                I figured out in time I needed one extra 5 gallons of fuel added between my Menard lease and the Luling Bucees to make it work.
                Others who rode with me were on pins and needles the entire way though.

I've also used this double tow to get Kayaks to where we were camping.

Nice looking new to you trailer Mike, got to love that freight train feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I told my wife we could buy a boat and pull it tandem and she wasn’t having any part of that, lol.

Probably wouldn’t work though as I’m already right at 50’ with the trailer connected.

Comment

I don’t drive it a whole lot now that I also have a company truck. Do not want to sell because I like having a diesel truck around.

Comment

Found an old pic of my 2001 7.3 with the travel trailer.
                    Then a recent photo after the new wheel package.
                    Also found a pic of my wonderful wife's BMW X5 diesel in the snow.
                    For some reason I couldn't find a pic of my 2009 Jetta TDI.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Both of 'em.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Best color combo ever!
                        Thanks, I like it. Had white and the tan last time. Wife said get something different, so I did.

Comment

What's with those goofy looking bumpers some of YOU PEOPLE have on your trucks? Are there wild elephants roaming around the back roads of Texas? Do you need to clear the road at a BLM protest? What gives?

I have a buddy the has those bumper front & back on his Ram. He's from Oklahoma, so that explains that. He ain't no steer...just sayin'...

Comment

I have a buddy that hit 7 pigs in his wife's car two nights ago and tore it up. I bet he wishes he was on his truck with the replacement bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              What's with those goofy looking bumpers some of YOU PEOPLE have on your trucks? Are there wild elephants roaming around the back roads of Texas? Do you need to clear the road at a BLM protest? What gives?

I have a buddy the has those bumper front & back on his Ram. He's from Oklahoma, so that explains that. He ain't no steer...just sayin'...
                              Some of them people use their trucks for more than climbing over kroger parking lot curbs.
                              Its one of those things, if you have to ask..perhaps a prius would be a better choice for you.

Comment

Heres my '83 jeep that i put a 4bt Cummins in. However I recently sold it to build something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X