• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker/Grimes county line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
      I was thinking the 7mag was a bit much, but looks to me like you need to call in an A10.

What part of Texas?

I try to punch two at a time if i can get them lined up right. This feeder is 180 yards from the blind and i prefer the larger optic on the mag than i do my .308

Comment

I went last night with a great friend from Church. We direct more time enjoying the fresh air fellowship than we did hunting.
        Only thing we saw was a raccoon.
        One of my best hunts ever!

Last night after the hunt we put out 50# ofhand corn under the feeder.

Friday after workI bought an X bind at Walmart. I was hoping to find a deal on a ladder stand or ground blind. Didn't

I decide I was going hunting again tonight. I texted my buddy, he had company and than had to finish an Essay. He's getting his Master's Degree.

I decided to go anyways.
        I wanted to try the X Blind out tonight.

It wasn't as tall as I'd hoped. Instead of sitting on my chair behind it, I folded my chair up, laid it on the ground and say on it. It's got a pouch under the seat.

This was about 630 or so.

I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to hunt tonight. Last weekend the landowners bind came up MIA. W think the wind blew it into the tank, I removed mine last weekend too. Last night the trees mine was under were gone.

I decided to just of the tank dam. As I got there with it being overly I was concerned i couldn't see the feeder very well once it guy dark. So I walked 1/2 way to the tree line. I was out in the open sitting on the ground behind my X Blind. One cool featured is that it doubles as a bipod. I was getting bored so I laid in my side behind the blind watching the feeder.
        About 8 I saw a small black furry thing scamper up to and after the track dam. I couldn't get my light on it fast enough to positively I'd it. Fairly positive it was a skunk.

I'd sit up for a bit and my back would start hurting so I'd stretch my leg out for a bit than maybe lie on my side to stretch my back out.
        Anyways its about 945 pm, earliest I've seen a pig in the 3 moths hunting here, I'm on my side perusing TBH, I gave towards the feeder and see a dark shape, I was like is that new? No it's been.. OH it just moved, there no wind. PIG!!
        I sit up, tick on my Coyote Reaper light, I had the dimmer switch to low. He is standing there broadside. I put the crosshairs just below his ear and POW.
        He hits the ground and started doing the herky jerky. I'm watching him in my scope, he's just flopping. About the time I grab my phone he gets up and starts walking to the left. I grab my rifle and out another one into his side he stops and stands still, I give him another in the ear, he has the hurt and don't move.

I'm having his skull Euro mounted.
        I wear a size 13 rubber boot.

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 01-27-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Got down from the stand. Gonna switch to a knock off and see if I can sneak up on those beavers. I may have to shoot through the fence, so this may be tricky.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nada, I sneak like a herd of elephants in that swampy crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              I went last night with a great friend from Church. We direct more time enjoying the fresh air fellowship than we did hunting.
              Only thing we saw was a raccoon.
              One of my best hunts ever!

Last night after the hunt we put out 50# ofhand corn under the feeder.

Friday after workI bought an X bind at Walmart. I was hoping to find a deal on a ladder stand or ground blind. Didn't

I decide I was going hunting again tonight. I texted my buddy, he had company and than had to finish an Essay. He's getting his Master's Degree.

I decided to go anyways.
              I wanted to try the X Blind out tonight.

It wasn't as tall as I'd hoped. Instead of sitting on my chair behind it, I folded my chair up, laid it on the ground and say on it. It's got a pouch under the seat.

This was about 630 or so.

I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to hunt tonight. Last weekend the landowners bind came up MIA. W think the wind blew it into the tank, I removed mine last weekend too. Last night the trees mine was under were gone.

I decided to just of the tank dam. As I got there with it being overly I was concerned i couldn't see the feeder very well once it guy dark. So I walked 1/2 way to the tree line. I was out in the open sitting on the ground behind my X Blind. One cool featured is that it doubles as a bipod. I was getting bored so I laid in my side behind the blind watching the feeder.
              About 8 I saw a small black furry thing scamper up to and after the track dam. I couldn't get my light on it fast enough to positively I'd it. Fairly positive it was a skunk.

I'd sit up for a bit and my back would start hurting so I'd stretch my leg out for a bit than maybe lie on my side to stretch my back out.
              Anyways its about 945 pm, earliest I've seen a pig in the 3 moths hunting here, I'm on my side perusing TBH, I gave towards the feeder and see a dark shape, I was like is that new? No it's been.. OH it just moved, there no wind. PIG!!
              I sit up, tick on my Coyote Reaper light, I had the dimmer switch to low. He is standing there broadside. I put the crosshairs just below his ear and POW.
              He hits the ground and started doing the herky jerky. I'm watching him in my scope, he's just flopping. About the time I grab my phone he gets up and starts walking to the left. I grab my rifle and out another one into his side he stops and stands still, I give him another in the ear, he has the hurt and don't move.

I'm having his skull Euro mounted.
              I wear a size 13 rubber boot.

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                I try to punch two at a time if i can get them lined up right. This feeder is 180 yards from the blind and i prefer the larger optic on the mag than i do my .308

Im just kidding about 7mag being to much. Id use a 338 if i had one. Good luck on those pigs.

Comment

I'm in the stand for the second time in less than an hour. Got in and everything set up and tried to check the time on my phone that I didn't have. Went back to the house and back in.

Comment

That was quick. Looked up from posting and a coon was munching on corn. Arrow launched.

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

My oldest son and I rigged up a foot bridge today so I don't have to spook anything with the 4 wheeler.

Comment

I'm out. Good blood on the arrow from the coon, but I didn't wear enough clothes so I'll look for it tomorrow.

Comment

Was out scouting some public land this morning and ran into some pigs and shot this sow.I went mainly to scout and took the rifle just in case and didnt expect to kill something so I didnt do a live hunt.

Comment

Settled in down in Brazoria county. New stand I haven't been in and the pack chairs we brought got us Rollin kee low gee.

Already saw pigs putting corn out and patiently waiting their return. 204 and 300 blk at the ready. Wife is in a pop up about 400 yards away with the 22.250

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you and your wife!

Comment

Working...
                                X