Best B.B. Gun for little ones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best B.B. Gun for little ones.

My nephew is 5 but a really small 5 year old. He hasn’t got much strength im looking for BB gun recommendations for him.

I looked at red riders but I don’t think he will be able to work the action on his own.

Any body had this issue?

Get the red rider. Cheap and easily replaceable. My son's on his second one. Show him how it works, help him cock it, then show him how to put the muzzle on the ground and take the action and push it down, then shut the action and he's good to go. It 'll last about 6 months, but he 'll be hooked and you 'll be down another 30 bucks. Totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
      Get the red rider. Cheap and easily replaceable. My son's on his second one. Show him how it works, help him cock it, then show him how to put the muzzle on the ground and take the action and push it down, then shut the action and he's good to go. It 'll last about 6 months, but he 'll be hooked and you 'll be down another 30 bucks. Totally worth it.
      Will do!
      Thanks!

Comment

This is what I did too

Comment

My son carried a block of wood to set the muzzel on and cock the gun by hanging on the lever. That didnt last long until he learned better ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Red rider nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
              Red rider nuff said
              Yep... in about 3 years upgrade to power line 880

Comment

A friend of ours bought my oldest son one of the Daisy 10 pump bb/pellet guns when he was 6 or 7. He couldn't pump it by himself for several years. Got my youngest a red rider when he was about the same age. Couple weeks and he had it down.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Daisy actually has a model that is smaller than the Red Ryder... I don't remember the model number, but that's what I bought for my grandsons last year... got 'em at Academy. They were right there with the Red Ryders. The shorter stock allows them to actually mount the gun somewhat properly and aim without having the stock under the shoulder. The cocking leaver also is ratcheting and will not slam back on their fingers (like mine did when I was a kid).

The most fantastic thing we've done is to put out some old sodas that my wife bought and did not like for targets... When they hit the can with the bb gun, those thin aluminum cans just explode spewing stuff everywhere... The boy love it! It gave them an extra incentive to actually aim rather than just point at a paper target or something...

Found the link for it: https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/dai...ildCatid=30884
                  Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 11-20-2017, 08:15 AM. Reason: Found the link...

Comment

The Red Ryder is a time tested classic.

Everyone in the family has learned to shoot the same one. Dad's uncle got it in the late 30's, every kid since has learned to shoot with it. We still pull it out of the safe to jump cans around the yard at family gatherings.

Comment

thats it

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Daisy actually has a model that is smaller than the Red Ryder... I don't remember the model number, but that's what I bought for my grandsons last year... got 'em at Academy. They were right there with the Red Ryders. The shorter stock allows them to actually mount the gun somewhat properly and aim without having the stock under the shoulder. The cocking leaver also is ratcheting and will not slam back on their fingers (like mine did when I was a kid).

The most fantastic thing we've done is to put out some old sodas that my wife bought and did not like for targets... When they hit the can with the bb gun, those thin aluminum cans just explode spewing stuff everywhere... The boy love it! It gave them an extra incentive to actually aim rather than just point at a paper target or something...

Yep thats it Got several of both RR and Buck (buckis for smaller)

Comment

Thanks that’s the model I was looking at. I’ll go and buy it today for him. Thanks. He has a cricket 22 but this will get him used to handling guns.

Comment

Tried and true, time tested and approved, methodology.

Comment

I wish you hadn't mentioned the lever snapping back. I'm 78 ,coming on 79 next month but remember all too well pulling the trigger with the lever down...it was cold too as I recall....I really thought it had cut off or at least broken all my fingers. But as I remember,I never did it again...I learned..

Comment

My 3yr ok daughter is pretty tall for her age. She shoots the buck Ryder. Shorter version of the red ryder.

Comment

Working...
                              X