Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who has not planted fall plot(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposed to rain today, radishes are strong but oats and Elbon rye need some water.
    Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]878365[/ATTACH]

Couple of pics from yesterday. Total acres in plots this fall is 7. Come on rain.
      Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Planted 2ac. In a fall deer mix along with clovers, chickory, sweet beets, purple top, hairy vetch and rapeseed on 10/12/17. Planted another 3 ac. In straight wheat yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          [ATTACH]878364[/ATTACH]

Supposed to rain today, radishes are strong but oats and Elbon rye need some water.
          What kind of radishes did you plant?

Comment

Daikon, 10 ponds per acre.
            Last edited by Radar; 10-21-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Weather people need a boot to the butt

Has not rained enough to settle dust and now sun is out

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                It was sprinkling when I left the house but I am going to need a lot more than that

Gladesgator I would be nervous if I was in your shoes, 45ac takes a lot more seed than what I gambled with. Hope you get the rain even if I don't
                Luckily,
                I get my seed from a friend in AR, that farms 18,000 acres of rice, corn, soybeans, cotton and winter wheat. He saves me two big seed bags of wheat every year which is a huge help with costs.

Looks like lots of praying for rain going on today!! Hope, everyone gets the moisture they need.

Comment

Yep, same here.

Comment

The front line is supposed to move through after midnight. We still have a near 100% chance of thunderstorms and rain in the DFW area. It's not over yet.

Comment

I planted my first plot Friday. “80%” chance of rain Friday thru Sunday....haven’t seen a drop yet.

Comment

Army worms got mine. Was growing really good then it looked like some one took a plow back over it.

Comment

I fertilized my plots Friday morning. Got just under 1/2" Friday afternoon. Hoping for a little for Sunday.

Comment

Planted mine last Tuesday. Hoping for some rain Sunday.

Comment

I re-planted a wheat plot Friday morning with my hand seeder, and two more this morning after bowhunting (until it started raining). It rained enough just to get me good and wet. Maybe the hogs won't eat it before it sprouts, but I ain't taking bets !

Comment

We've been planting a large area in East TX. Got a mixture of seeds still in the drill.

Comment

Working...
                                X