Jeep CJ5 gun rack ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep CJ5 gun rack ideas

I recently acquired a 75 CJ5 and need to put a gun rack in it. Surely someone on the green screen has built one or has a creative idea. The jeep has a vault style center console and a standard transmission. I wanted to build a vertical rack to go between the seats but that idea is out due to the console. Needs to be able to hold two rifles and easily assessable while spot lighting. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I bought a ‘67 CJ 5 and it had a gun rack mounted across the front above the gauges. Not sure if that’ll be quick access, but it holds guns firmly while driving on bumpy roads. The only thing I don’t like about this location is I can’t drop down the windshield without removing the top bolts from the rack first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted a ranch a few times that left the windshield folded down and had a carpeted rack that layed across the hood. It was divided up for 4-5 guns and carpeted. Fastest and safest way to move guns around spotlighting jackrabbits but aint worth a crap in inclimate weather

Comment

[QUOTE=RobinHood;14233729]I bought a ‘67 CJ 5 and it had a gun rack mounted across the front above the gauges. Not sure if that’ll be quick access, but it holds guns firmly while driving on bumpy roads. The only thing I don’t like about this location is I can’t drop down the windshield without removing the top bolts from the rack first.

I can see where the bolts will get annoying but the location isn't bad. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I hunted a ranch a few times that left the windshield folded down and had a carpeted rack that layed across the hood. It was divided up for 4-5 guns and carpeted. Fastest and safest way to move guns around spotlighting jackrabbits but aint worth a crap in inclimate weather
          That would be pretty functional but I need something that won't turn too many heads when I pull up to the gas station.

Comment

This is what I have used on two different jeeps. They mount on the hump between the seats and don’t interfere with anything.

It says Walmart is sold out.

Shop Removable Floor Mount Two Gun Holder | 4.7 Star Rating on 3 Reviews for Removable Floor Mount Two Gun Holder + Free Shipping over $49.
            Last edited by Burnadell; 07-08-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                Only problem is mud slinging up on the gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  This is what I have used on two different jeeps. They mount on the hump between the seats and don’t interfere with anything.

It says Walmart is sold out.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/rugged-...ent-10082.html
                  X2 on our 68 cj5

Works great between and just behind the seats

Comment

Originally posted by Festus View Post
                    That would be pretty functional but I need something that won't turn too many heads when I pull up to the gas station.
                    HAHA

yea, I was thinking this was a lease ride only

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Only problem is mud slinging up on the gun!
                      Nah..... I’m betting that’s a “city” jeep

Comment

It's about a 95% lease ride. The gas station is about the only place it will go off the lease. I think I have figured out a way to mount a vertical rack and still be able to use the console. I'm a little hesitant with the dash mount due to safe muzzle direction. Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Working...
                        X