Travel trailer shower enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel trailer shower enclosure

Has anybody replaced the cheesey small tub/shower with just a regular standup shower enclosure. The tub sits about 8" off of the floor and even for me 5'7" it is very cramped. I was thinking of changing to just a shower enclosure and letting the shower pan sit directly on the floor. With me and my two boys I am also trying to figure out how to get more hot water capacity over the 6 gallon water heater we currently have. Let all of the experience and suggestions from the braintrust/greenscreen flow...

What about putting a tankless water heater??? And not sure about the other issue

Comment

I'll be watching, have one of those showers. At 6' it's tough.

Comment

Next
        Last edited by smokeless; 04-28-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I don't think you have enough space between the gray water tank and the shower pan, to put it on the floor. You need a P-trap between the two. This is where your problem lies.

Comment

You need to be taking Navy showers. It will save you a lot of water and not fill up the gray water tank.

Comment

I can get about twenty showers out of the tank.

Comment

I was afraid of the P trap. I did find the enclosures online for travel trailers. As far as filling up the grey water I just leave it open and let it drain. Don't see where shower and sink water would hurt to just drain on the ground. I wonder if I could use some sort of one way check valve thingamajig in place of a P trap
                Last edited by ecallarman; 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X