This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
    I am reading between the lines and it says that AW would have had more success at the AFC Paris TBOT 3-d than he did hunting

Come on AW post some pics from the stand ............
    YOU are right . I seen no mature Does. And some real mature and expensive bucks. The pics turned out fuzzy .

Comment

Aren't we supposed to get a Bio, Arvin?

Bisch

Comment

TICK TOCK ... TICK TOCK ... TICK TOCK!!! Just kidding Arvin we love ya brother. I am sure you are having fun with SACA. Need to get by and fling some arras with you and Deb soon.

Comment

Hurry up Arvin. I'm next and I've got a big group of pigs that need to be thinned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
            YOU are right . I seen no mature Does. And some real mature and expensive bucks. The pics turned out fuzzy .
            Dang brother, I just knew you were going to tell me that you had (DDE) deer down everywhere Go ahead and post the pics fuzzy is better than nothing,

And yes you need to write out a bio and post it sir. We want to hear your story

Comment

I am Arvin Weaver and I rifle hunted till 2004. A guy at the bar was trying to talk me into bow hunting elk with him. I told him I was not thru killing with a rifle yet and if I was going to hunt with a bow it would probably be a longbow. He did not give up easy and told me he had a longbow and brought it by the house one day. Well he left it with me. About a month later he came by and ask for his bow back. I said sure soon as you take me to the guy that built this one. A call to Bob Sarrels and a trip to south austin and that was when I bought Grady Lee #187 53#@28 Sierra. Then it was on . After about another 9 bows are so. I finaly have enough I think. After about a year I told Bob I am pretty sure I am an archer and I want to build a bow. He said sure come on over and we will build one. I said I want to build one of those selfbows. Bob said I dont build those, I thoght you were a bowyer. He said I am I just don't build that kind of bow. He told me to buy a book called the Bowyers Bible so I did. After hunting for some osage for what seemed to be for ever. I finally found some from a landscape buddy of mine.After about 125 selfbows I think I am a bowyer now. I love peeling , sawing, and scraping on those bows more than shooting them.I have met some of the best people in the whole world in this sport. Most are very close to me. I have had the privalige of hanging out with a few world champions and a lot of archers right on their heels. I love to hunt elk also. That has been my passion since 1980 and I do like to spot and stalk them raskels. I fish when I get a chance. I build buildings for a living and have done so since 1976. I am married to one of the best women in the world. loving caring and always doing for me or someone else. She makes a habit of kicking my butt in 3d which I think sometimes she enjoys a little too much. I did not kill an animal with the pass around bow but it is an honor to be a part of this community of archers. I will shut up for now. I know that won't last long but oh well. Who is next in line. PM me or Deb your address. May your arrows always hit there mark.

Arvin

Comment

Outstanding AW , Thanks for sharing that..............

Comment

Great job Arvin.

Comment

Here is the list again:

1.....Mark Johnson..................Chunky
                    2.....Ron Jones.......................Ron
                    3.....Curt Czaplicki..................Uncle Saggy
                    4.....Ronnie Harper..................Elf Eyes
                    5.....Clay Epperson..................C.Epperson
                    6.....Chris Driscoll..................agtex 42
                    7.....Charles Jones...................One Way
                    8.....Alex Gutierrez....................gatorgar
                    9.....Michael Buffington.............Meat Eater
                    10....Kirby Wiseman..................Flywise
                    11....Jason Sanders..................Jason Sanders
                    12....Matt Smith......................Trick
                    13....Arvin Weaver...................Selfbowman
                    14....Gene Bohanon..................meangene 60
                    15....Eric Wortham...................ENW
                    16....Marty Thomas..................Buff
                    17....Deb Weaver.....................Deb
                    18....Roland Guerra...................Mesquite
                    19....Todd Bolton.....................Stick'um
                    20....Jerry Bischoffburger...........Bisch
                    Looks like meangene is next!

Bisch

Comment

Oh heck its Gene I may have his address I have sent him a few bows. I might hang on to it just to hold him in suspence for a while,LOL Arvin

Comment

Another great Arvin story in the books. I love you man

Comment

Nice write up Arvin, thanks for sharing.

Matt

Comment

Way to go Arvin!!! There was no doubt it was going to be a good read. Sorry that the deer did not want to play though.

Comment

All right Arvin send that baby my way.
                              Gene D Bohannon
                              5609 Penwell Dr
                              Fort Worth Tx 76135

Comment

Good story Arvin.

Comment

Working...
                                X