Huntsville State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntsville State Park

Another great day on Lake Raven. Nothing real big, but good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wade fished that lake many times it was a great when it had grass. Good to see it's doing good again. Way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I've wade fished that lake many times it was a great when it had grass. Good to see it's doing good again. Way to go
      Man after seeing an 8’ gator hanging out by the fishing pier 2 weeks ago theres no way I would wade in that lake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B0FE8E0-6DF3-40BA-B726-9919C9607FE7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	24534889
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DF770A9E-1743-40D3-8C8E-79C878A0272B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	24534890

Comment

I loved fishing that lake out of my canoe.
        I remember when Gators where rumored out there, but last time, they where all over the place.
        I need to go back, 12+ years is too long between trips.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up fishing that lake in the 70's and early 80's. Loved that place. Need to go back and visit it again sometime. Glad yall caught some.

Comment

Awesome trip! We used to fish that lake twice a week when we were in high school, it's been too long since I've fished there.

Comment

I live 20 minutes from there snd have never been. I really need to give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got me in the memories now. I caught my first two decent bass there one spring break in high school. Both about 7lbs which were really good fish back then. One in the cove across the lake from the boat ramp and the other by the dam. Also used to catch some HUGE crappie in the spring. Very good times!

Comment

That was exactly my first thought, John! No thanks on the wading. We’ve seen 8-9 footers too. And as soon as you catch a fish they try to grab it. Do that while in the water?! No thanks!

Comment

Met my wife on a group hike around that lake. Been a long time since we've been back. Definitely need to make a trip.

Comment

Been hiking there with my wife and son a number of times, don't know why I've never fished it.

Comment

Working...
                      X