X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion – 7 of 7
    "AND HE CALLED"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 1:1-6:7, Isaiah 43:21-44:23, Hebrews 10: 1-18, Romans 8:1-13)

The separation that has existed between the Two Houses of Israel is beginning to weaken. Those who show a humble and contrite spirit towards others are bringing down the wall of hostility that has existed for generations. Forgiveness, healing and restoration are the true heart of the remnant, the Bride of the Messiah. The Bride prepares herself by making reconciliation. With this, the House of Israel and the House of Judah become one in the Messiah. They are being brought together under the instruction of the Holy Spirit and are receiving healing by returning to Yahweh’s teaching and instructions. Together again in the Father’s hand, they in turn will bring healing to the Nations (Ephesians 2:14-22).

Ezekiel 37:15-19 “Again the word of Yahweh came to me, saying, as for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’ Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand. And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, ‘Will you not show us what you mean by these?’ - say to them,’ Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.’”

Matthew 5:23-24 “Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."

Yes, difficulties can and will arise between brothers who are returning to Torah. However when we put aside our differences, encourage each other and practice what we are learning through the meal offerings and the elevation offerings in our communication – this will bring healing and health to the whole body of Yeshua.

Scripture specifically says that if our brother has something against us; we are to go to him to reconcile. Many believers today are waiting for the offender to come to them but this is not scripturally correct. Yeshua asks us to seek the one who has been hurt by us (whether right or wrong) and settle it quickly through forgiveness before we can bring our offering before Him. Some believers have approached the offended one with a heart of reconciliation, but if the one hurt is not ready to forgive or refuses to receive the peace offering at that time, then the believer has fulfilled their scriptural obligation and can move forward to approach the altar with their gift. This is our peace offering, a sacrifice, and a gift of worship to Yahweh. May we put into practice the offerings Yahweh is teaching us today.

2 Corinthians 5:18 “Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach ,and has given us the ministry of reconciliation”

Loving one another can be contagious; this is an aroma before Yahweh. May we firstly practice this in our own homes with our own families and then in our congregations and see if the situations that may have bothered us before begin to change. It is a question of the heart. Elevating our brothers, breaking bread together and fellowshipping in Yahweh’s Name, if done in the right heart of Torah, is health and blessing to all. This is the freewill offering gift we bring to Yahweh.

The first three offerings are all voluntary offerings from the heart. They are the heartbeat of the Tabernacle . If we give willingly, from a pure clean heart, we bless Yahweh, others and ourselves. This is the key behind the offerings. May we become true servants of Yahweh and serve one another by blessing, in our word and action at all times, our fellow man.

Fat and Blood

Leviticus 3:17 “This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live: You must not eat any fat or any blood.”

Right at the end of the teaching for the three volunteer offerings, Yahweh commands us not to eat anything with fat or blood in it. He also adds that this will be a commandment for all generations, which means this principle is still in place today . Yeshua’s death and resurrection was not synonymous for “do away with Torah and all the Torah principles” We cannot throw the baby out with the bath water. We need the principles that hold the universe together and we need the principles of morality just as much as we need the principles that rule and regulate the temple maintenance like food and clothing. None of these have changed. Man tried to change Yahweh’s instructions through theology but He has not changed nor have His laws. If we ingest fat or blood our behavior and attitudes will alter before Yahweh, potentially bringing a hardening of heart upon us, thus we will cease to bring our freewill offerings to Him (More on this in the next study – Leviticus 6).

Sin Offering: The Chatas A Required Offering
    (Leviticus 4:1-5:13)

The sin offering, or chatas in Hebrew, is the first of the two required offerings we are to bring before Yahweh. The chatas is required to atone for unintentional sin/ignorant sin resulting from carelessness or laxness, and is to be accepted as a personal responsibility for our lack of judgment that defiles the Tabernacle (ourselves included). This was offered by the priests and the congregation, as well as by individuals. When the sacrifice was offered for a priest or the congregation, a bull was slaughtered. The blood was applied in three ways, first sprinkled seven times in the Holy Place, toward the veil, in front of the Holy of Holies. Secondly the blood was smeared on the horns of the golden altar of incense and, thirdly, the blood was poured out on the ground at the bottom of the brazen altar where the fat and kidneys were burned. The remainder of the bull was burned outside the camp to complete the atonement for unintentional sin. In an offering for a leader, in which case a male goat was required, or an individual, when a female goat/lamb or bird was to be offered, the blood was placed only on the brazen altar. It was a required offering since no one in Israel was without sin.

Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

Guilt Offering: The Asham A Required Offering
    (Leviticus 5:14-6:7)

The guilt offering was called asham in Hebrew and spoke of the covering of guilt. The asham was a required offering. A person who unintentionally misappropriated, for personal use, sanctuary property would be held responsible and was viewed as guilty regardless of his intention. Secondly, the asham was brought when there was a doubt as to whether a sin had been committed or not. And, thirdly, the asham was for trespass against Yahweh in that one lied under oath, defrauded his fellow man by cheating, stealing, lying, and/or did not return lost property to his neighbor. In so doing he was guilty and his sin was before Yahweh. He offered a bull and made restitution for the full amount plus added a fifth as a blessing. Basically every case of asham involved some inherent status destruction of some sort, rather than a simple mistake.

Do We Participate in the Sin and Guilt Offerings today?

Yes. Yeshua appropriated the sin and guilt offering for us today but it is our job to activate His appropriation into our life just as the Israelites did in the temple times. Through Yeshua’s death and resurrection the way has been made clear for us to approach a Holy God. If we have sinned against our neighbor, that is toward Yahweh as well. We need to repent. If we have made a vow to Yahweh or to a person, that which was spoken becomes holy and belongs to the sanctuary. If we do not follow through on the vow or intend to uphold it, then that which was holy is rendered unclean. By our thought or deed we contaminate not only ourselves but the interaction with our fellow man also, bringing defilement into the sanctuary. This is why vows and oaths are very serious in Yahweh’s Kingdom. We must be very careful that what we promise and how we speak to each other is fulfilled, as this inherently affects our walks and His Tabernacle on a physical and spiritual level.

An example of the importance of truthful words in scripture is Ananias and Sapphira, who sold a piece of property and promised or vowed the amount they received to Yahweh. In the process they decided not to give the full amount promised, but held back a portion for their own personal use. Once given to Yahweh it becomes holy . Ananias and Sapphira defiled the offering with their unclean thoughts and deeds, thus bringing death upon themselves (Acts 5:1-11).

Our words are powerful in the universe as Yeshua lives in us. What we speak will come towards us. Speak blessing and receive blessings, which enable the body, soul and spirit to prosper. Speak curses or negative words and receive the fruit of poverty and destruction physically, emotionally and/or spiritually. Many are sick among us enslaved by their thoughts and mouths. Their hearts have been deceived and do not magnify the truth behind the image they were made in. What we sow, we reap.

“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he” Proverbs 23:7 KJV

Bringing an offering in an unworthy manner is not a freewill offering. There will be consequence if we do, and in so doing we will have misappropriated Yahweh’s property . If we are believers and we speak behind people’s backs or share negatively about our neighbor, this is a sin of dishonor before Yahweh. If we lie by manipulation of words, body language or in wrong deeds to an individual or in business transactions this is a sin before Yahweh. If we vow to give the whole tithe and do not, we lie and rob Yahweh. If we are in Covenant and called to serve as a royal priesthood to minister in Yahweh’s House we need to make a distinction between clean and unclean thoughts and practices. If we want our prayers answered, we suggest looking very carefully at our heart practices in light of these offerings.

Romans 3:20-25 “Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.”

Hebrews 10:2-22 “For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when Yeshua came into the world, he said: ‘Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.’ Then I said, ‘Here I am - it is written about me in the scroll - I have come to do your will, O God’ (Psalm 40:6-8).

“First he said, ‘Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them’ (although the law required them to be made). Then he said, ‘Here I am, I have come to do your will.’ He sets aside the first (the sacrificial system) to establish the second. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Yeshua the Messiah once for all.”

“Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when this priest [ Yeshua ] had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.”

“The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: ‘This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds’ (Jeremiah 31:33). Then he adds, ‘Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more’ (Jeremiah 31:34). And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.”

“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Yeshua, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the House of Yahweh, let us draw near to Yahweh with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.”

In closing: We live in a world deficient of a sense of purity and holiness. It is full of compromise, loose morals, and law less living; a society devoid of Torah. Today, through a return to Scripture, we are being shown the correct way. Today we are those twelve living stones Moses assembled in the desert being fitted together to form the Tabernacle of Yahweh. Yahweh is calling to us from within the tabernacle between the cherubim to draw us closer to Him in our hearts. We are called to be in this world but not of it.

1 Peter 2:5 “You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to Yahweh through Yeshua.”

Romans 7:14 For we know that the Torah is of the Spirit...

Romans 8:5-15 “Those who live according to the sinful [lawless] nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit [Torah] have their minds set on what the Spirit [Torah] desires. The mind of sinful [lawless] man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit [Torah] is life and peace; the sinful [lawless] mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law [Torah], nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful [lawless] nature cannot please God. You, however, are controlled NOT by the sinful [lawless] nature but by the Spirit [Torah], IF the Spirit [Torah] of God lives in you. And IF anyone does not have the Spirit [Torah] of Yeshua, he does not belong to Yeshua. But if Yeshua is in you, your body is dead because of sin [lawlessness], yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness [lawfullness]. And if the Spirit [Torah] of him who raised Yeshua from the dead is living in you, he who raised Messiah from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit [Torah], who lives in you.”

“Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation-- but it is not to the sinful [lawless] nature, to live according to it [lawlessness]. For if you live according to the sinful [lawless] nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds [lawlessness] of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’”

“Return, O Virgin Israel, return.”

(Jeremiah 31:21)

Prayer of Repentance, Redemption and Eternal Life

Confession/Covenant:

“I believe that the Messiah/Yeshua Ha Mashiach is the promised Son of Yahweh, the Messiah of Israel. He was crucified for my sins, was buried and arose the third day according to the Scriptures. I believe He is ascended up into the heavens and all power in heaven and earth is given unto Him. I believe He has promised to return and all that believe in Him are immersed into His Name will receive remission of sins, the gift of the Holy Spirit and full citizenship in the Israel of Yahweh (the land of our inheritance). I receive and confess this day Yeshua of Nazareth as my personal Lord and Savior.”

“Lord God, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I ask You now to forgive me of my disobedience, iniquities and transgressions. I ask You to forgive my forefathers for turning their backs on Your Torah. I forgive all those who hurt me physically, spiritually and emotionally. I ask that all evil influences be bound and not permitted to operate in my life according to Torah, and that your Holy Spirit be loosed to operate in my life according to Torah, to rule and reign in my life, and to help me walk out Your will which is Your Torah. I ask this in the authority of my Lord and Savior, Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Yeshua the Messiah). Amen.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X