Aim Low!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aim Low!!!!!

Great slow motion footage of how fast the deer can jump the string,...

A woman is trying to get her first deer. Only problem is that the deer keep hearing the bow and they keep jumping the shots!

I think those are Super Doe

Comment

Fast forward to 4:40. http://youtu.be/Nyjo69NWcjc

I would like to play it off as skill but I got lucky. They are quick.

Comment

Deer do drop but She shot high all 3 times. Not the bows fault.
        The second shot would have been over the deers back even if it would not have dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post

As if you planned it. He fell right into a perfect kill shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post

Beautiful.

Comment

Chootem under the ear the last thing to move....

Comment

It's almost like the quarterback leading the receiver.

Comment

I refuse to try and compensate low. When you have one that jumps over top of the arrow you will too. They can move both ways.

Someone here has some great video of a buck he shot launching a good 5ft vertical in the air when it hears the bow go off. Luckily he gets the buck, but it sure tried to jump as high as possible to evade the arrow.

Comment

Aim for the heart & let the chips fall. You can't aim somewhere to compensate for what you think may or may not happen. I have a feeling that girl has no clue where to aim and was just going for center mass.

Edited to add: Get that girl up in a tree stand and this would be less of problem. Ground blinds are that much tougher on beginners- more smell, more sound, more ducking. I really can't stand a ground blind but I know there are a lot of places that can't be hunted without one.
                    Last edited by perfectstorm; 08-26-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Nothing like a little whiskey Meyers during a video.. Nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                        I refuse to try and compensate low. When you have one that jumps over top of the arrow you will too. They can move both ways.

Someone here has some great video of a buck he shot launching a good 5ft vertical in the air when it hears the bow go off. Luckily he gets the buck, but it sure tried to jump as high as possible to evade the arrow.

I aim under most every whitetail I shoot at. It cost me a deer this year that never moved until the arrow passed under him but 99% of the time they try to get under my arrows.
                        There is a stop action shot at the 1:45 of this video that I marked where I was aiming versus where he moved that shows , if I had helded on the deer I would have missed high

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                          Aim for the heart & let the chips fall. You can't aim somewhere to compensate for what you think may or may not happen. I have a feeling that girl has no clue where to aim and was just going for center mass.
                          That's what I do. Aim dead center of the heart.

Comment

I would say some of those shots were a bit high but i believe the biggest problem is those are backyard deer and are keen to the sound of a bow!! Just my 2 cents

I aim heart shot no matter what...

Comment

Nice shot!

Comment

Working...
                              X