Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today Dad would have been 72 years old-His first Heavenly Birthday

August 21, 2019

Dad had the biggest heart and was as tough as they come. Since 2012 Dad's health started declining and then finally the discovery of his lung cancer back in September of 2018...It was a rough road and one thing after an other.
    Through all that and even towards the end Dad would continually say "I keep getting knocked down but I'll keep getting up!!!"

(Those words from my Dad will forever be etched into my memory)

Last Thursday, I was having a hard time. I was thinking about Dad and deeply missing him.
    For that moment I couldn't physically see through the heavy tears, I closed my eyes for a bit and then had this clear vision that really moved me.

I could actually see it all playing out clear as day.
    On Dad's passing on January 25, 2019 he got knocked down for the last time BUT through Jesus Christ sacrifice on the cross for our sins, HIS blood, HIS death, HIS burial and HIS resurrection comes SALVATION for all those who accept. Death has been defeated...The VICTORY is won!!!
    And for the final time, never to be knocked down again my Dad got back up and will spend eternity in Heaven with our God Lord and Savior The King of Kings.

Although I'm tired and a big piece of me died that day ... I'll keep on keeping on and Dad's words will be my words.

Till we meet again, Dad on those streets of gold.

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Dad. We miss you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	25186622

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. Happy birthday to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen!!! Happy birthday

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Amen!
        Happy birthday Sir.

Comment

A man of God, a family man, and a Veteran. Mr. Dupre was the man we all can only strive to be. Wish I could have met him, Brandon.

An American hero!!

Happy heavenly birthday, Mr. Dupre!

Comment

What a tribute! Keep on keeping on, Brother. That's what we are here for - to help carry you when you need it so you can carry us when we need it. And, we will all have victory in Jesus! May God comfort you especially this week. Please know that your brothers and sisters love you and we are cheering you on.

Comment

Your a good man Brandon, I'm sure your dad is proud! Happy birthday Mr. Dupre!

Comment

Happy Birthday Mr. Dupre. Still praying for comfort for you Brandon.

Comment

God bless you Brandon.
                  Happy Heavenly Birthday Mr. Dupre!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    Well said, y’all see each other again bubba.

Comment

Happy Birthday to your Pop

Its awesome the way you honor him,

Comment

I pray that the Spirit's revelation to you will continue to lift you up. Yes, the victory has already been won through Christ!

Thank you for the encouraging reminder.

Comment

Happy Birthday to your Dad . I bet he is up there bragging on what a great son he helped raise. God bless you and your family sir .

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Well said, Jack. If you know Brandon you know there’s no question how he was raised. He would be proud buddy.

Comment

Thanks for this post and God's comfort to y'all. Today is also my Grandpa and Sister's birthday who are up there celebrating their Heavenly Birthdays with him. Just thinkin' about all the good times with them and your post helps that along well. Thanks again sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X