Job Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Opportunity

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this in but here it goes. I am looking to hire an experienced Land Survey Party Chief in San Marcos. I have job postings up on all the major job sites but I thought I would post it up on here as well. A link to the Craigslist ad is posted below. Thanks for looking.

Ttt

Comment

Hard to find good surveying help. Good Luck

Comment

It really is. I have 2 good crews running now and finding a reliable 3rd party chief has been very hard!

Comment

My brother has been doing this surveying stuff for prob 15 years now but he lives in thrall and works in Austin That's an hour and a half drive. Prob 2 far

Comment

Times are good for workers and hard for employers right now it sounds like. I have heard the DQ in Lockhart is advertising something like $15 an hour right now. I know my field can’t hire and we have great bennies. Good luck OP.

Comment

Up

Comment

How long on average does it take someone to pick up this trade? We are relocating to Gillespie county and for some reason I got it stuck in my head that working on a surveying crew would be borderline fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  How long on average does it take someone to pick up this trade? We are relocating to Gillespie county and for some reason I got it stuck in my head that working on a surveying crew would be borderline fun.
                  If you can be outside in the heat all day and like math then go for it. Considering how much a good surveyor can make IMO it's one of the most overlooked trades.

How long it takes depends on many factors. Dedication, type of survey work, how good you are with equipment. I've seen guys become a chief in 6 months doing construction survey work.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Considering how much a good surveyor can make IMO it's one of the most.

How much are we talking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured by now it was all gps stuff.

Comment

How much are we talking?

Clear some PM's so I can send you one.

Comment

How much are we talking?

I got these hourly bill rates last week from a civil firm. Divide them by 3 and that is about what each person in those positions would make on an hourly basis take home. The 3.0 markup is to cover overhead and profit for the firm.

Licensed surveyor - $155
                          Junior survey technician - $75
                          Survey technician - $95
                          Senior survey technician - $115

The rates can certainly fluctuate based on supply and demand. These quotes came from the Baltimore area.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Clear some PM's so I can send you one.

[emoji106]

Comment

My son is moving to San Marcos in August. He is going into the GIS program. He is looking for work. Let me know if you could use him.

Comment

Working...
                              X