No announcement yet.

In the market for another skid steer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information guys - is there anything from a clearing standpoint that a 60-70 hp track machine won't do that at 90hp wheel machine will do? that's my basic comparison right now. i would upload a picture of my Case but i can't seem to figure it out!!

Comment

Originally posted by RAZORBACK View Post
      I've had a few skids but i really don't have loyalty to any one brand. I just burned up my Case over the weekend - literally... So i'm in the market. I'm thinking about going the rubber track route, but am curious on the size needed. I've always had larger ones (82 and 93hp) but they were wheel machines. I'm mostly going to beat this one up clearing brush/cedars in tight areas (along with regular ranch work such as hay, shredding under trees, etc,..), so I'm not worried about getting a new one. I also have a D6R that can do the larger stuff. I have a lead on a Volvo MCT85 (62 or 64 hp) that's ugly but well cared for with only 1500 hours on it that's a pretty cheap option. Any thoughts from the brotherhood?

thanks in advance!
      What was the old one? And did you just burn up the engine, or did the whole thing catch on fire? I might be interested in the old one for the right price depending what it is.

Comment

259d caterpillar is a very good unit. Most cat rental groups will sell low hour machines at reasonable rates and give a cat warranty on the purchase. I’m not partial to any paint but with dpf/def systems on newer model stuff I would look at some older model rental cat stuff for sale and go that route

Comment

here is my previous skid steer from Saturday... RIP
          Attached Files

Comment

I've heard Case runs HOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
              The NH track versions are cheaper priced than CAT and get the job done, but are not on the same level as CAT products.
              Not so much. Have a NH L190 wheeled that will easily out lift a the comparable Cat with tracks. We have Cat equipment too, so no brand loyalty.
              Wheeled machines ride/perform better on hard ground. Track machines perform better the softer stuff.
              I don't know how well I would trust the Volvo with the single side boom.

Dang Razor!!!!

Comment

I've had a few skids but i really don't have loyalty to any one brand. I just burned up my Case over the weekend - literally... So i'm in the market. I'm thinking about going the rubber track route, but am curious on the size needed. I've always had larger ones (82 and 93hp) but they were wheel machines. I'm mostly going to beat this one up clearing brush/cedars in tight areas (along with regular ranch work such as hay, shredding under trees, etc,..), so I'm not worried about getting a new one. I also have a D6R that can do the larger stuff. I have a lead on a Volvo MCT85 (62 or 64 hp) that's ugly but well cared for with only 1500 hours on it that's a pretty cheap option. Any thoughts from the brotherhood?

thanks in advance!
                Thanks for the information guys - is there anything from a clearing standpoint that a 60-70 hp track machine won't do that at 90hp wheel machine will do? that's my basic comparison right now. i would upload a picture of my Case but i can't seem to figure it out!!
                We run a cat 272c wheeled rig to clear brush. When we are using it for that we have a set of steel tracks we put on. We were told that rubber tracks will get absolutely destroyed running around through the timber with stumps, branches, etc.
                We like the size because with our tree shear it has enough power/weight to pick up some pretty big trees and move them around. Plus, high flow hydraulics were a must for the shredder, and 2 speed was a huge plus. We like our cat machine, although for new machines kubota and gehl seem to be on a similar level.

I guess moral of the story, rubber tracks get chewed up much quicker (although may be a smoother ride) and you'll never regret going big again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Check with varminthunter on here. He buys and sells used heavy equipment.

His yard is just west of Weatheford on I-20.

If interested I can PM you his number.

Comment

Do you know what started the fire on your CASE?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Do you know what started the fire on your CASE?

Comment

Is the biggest and best in the budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you pushing up cedars or shearing them, if your pushing them you shouldn’t have to worry about stumps tearing up your tracks. I have a kubota svl 75 and it’s a dang nice machine. Rock will chew up the tracks pretty quick though I’ve heard.

Comment

I’m pretty happy with my bobcat, I went the track route and never looked back. It’s nice not having to mess with tires.

Check zimmerer kubotas website they have some decent svl’s for sale on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kubota 95-2 great track machines

Comment

it was a hydraulic leak that must have ignited from hitting the exhaust manifold - but it happened pretty quickly without any warnings from the machine. From initial findings to that final picture was about 15 minutes - volunteer FD made it in 20min. I'm not opposed to another wheel machine - but yes i'm typically pushing cedars/mesquites and clearing brush and smaller stuff where there are a bunch of oaks that i'm trying to keep from knocking down.

Comment

Working...
                                X