Stock Tank Construction Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Tank Construction Cost

What is a decent estimate on having a stock tank built from scratch? Let's say a decently large tank at 1.5 acres or so. Decent soil, not talking about hill country rock.

10-20,000?

Comment

find someone looking for dirt

seems like i was told closer to $5k for an acre or so a few years ago when i was checking around.

Comment

How deep?

Comment

I had one dug for 8500.00 it's about 1/2 acre tank, but it was done with a belly scraper and a 335 hp tractor

Comment

It is going to vary across the state and depend heavily on local conditions. My first call would be the local USDA-NRCS office.

Comment

More then you think. We learned lol

Comment

I had one about 1/2 acre 14ft deep built last summer. $7500

Comment

Trucking dirt out and bringing clay in will drastically effect the price. So if you can just move the dirt and already have good clay or bedrock in place, it'll be much cheaper.

Think I got a bid for around $8k on a 1 acre tank with average depth of 3 feet.

Comment

Thanks guys. Just wanted to see If I was looking at a $15K project or $25K project. Hopefully on the lower side.

Comment

Don't be afraid of paying for a big dozer, it's been my experience that you've gonna fair better than struggling with undersized equipment. A D-6 is a good start.
                      @ $125-150 hr.

Comment

Heavy equipment was already close by, but had about an acre section of a dry creek dug out with a tractor and used the dirt to build a spot to cross. Am in the Hill Country and they had to stop when they hit rock. Cost me about $5gs to dig the hole.

For me to get it lined with clay is going to be about another $5gs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's still a good price, batmaninja. Can I call you batmaninja? You don't mind, do you?
                          I feel like we're friends.

Comment

I got a 3.5 acre pond that's 25ft deep at the dam done in the fall of 2016 with a price tag of $25K. This is not a cheap venture!

Comment

The NRCS is a great resource to help with the design of the pond. Free of charge and will give you a volume of soil to be moved which will be cheaper than a hourly build price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X