2 more big diy protein feeders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyler and I have had this white tank (free off of a job site) for a while. Then a couple of weeks ago we picked up the red one from here on TBH. So we had our welding machine and metal saw at a job on Friday and Saturday figured I’d take advantage and bring it home and get all the cutting and welding done today on two new protein feeders. Still waiting on some sheet metal for a funnel for the barrel. Then we will add The Hammer Times Head to both. The red one should be about the right height now. The white one looks about a foot to tall now, but don’t want to cut the pipe till we get the timers on them. By my calculations the red one should hold between 1400-1500lbs. The white tank should be close to a ton. Pretty excited to tackle the funnel. Not sure how it will turn out but going to give it a heck of a shot. All in without the timers we will have less than $200 in both of them combined. All the pipe and angle was on its way to bares dumpsters on job sites. Now to talk the wife in more money for protein. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are some fabricatin' dudes! Looking good. I think you'll be glad you stayed with the heavier legs.

Comment

Nice start.

Comment

Looks great.

Make sure they have a good vent on top!!!

Comment

Gonna be nice..................and expensive to fill, lol. Nice work !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            Looks great.

Make sure they have a good vent on top!!!

Made that mistake on this one! Lesson learned lol

Comment

Those a some large protein feeders. Looks good

Comment

Looks good Brian.

Comment

Those a some large protein feeders. Looks good[/quote]

Yes but all three are made from stuff I either got cheap or picked up out of the scrap pile on jobs. Been in construction for 30 yrs and still amazed at the amount of material thrown away

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                    Those a some large protein feeders. Looks good

Yes but all three are made from stuff I either got cheap or picked up out of the scrap pile on jobs. Been in construction for 30 yrs and still amazed at the amount of material thrown away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Heck ya who cares what they are made of and the bigger the better IMO.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Building two very similar. What type of vent are you using on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
                        Building two very similar. What type of vent are you using on top?

I haven’t vented these yet. But when I built the first one, it had what I later realized was a pressure relief on it. I thought it would vent and was wrong. So I found some pipe at the ranch with some 90°’s and rigged something up. And caulked it in. I had ever intention of changing it out but it’s still there. I was able to find some steel screen that I put over the opening to keep wasp out of it.
                        You can see the pipe at the top. I’ll do something similar on these as well. The red one does have a vent but it’s plastic and the coins will chew it out in no time.

Comment

Maybe an oil filter screwed on top to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by 93racer View Post
                            Maybe an oil filter screwed on top to vent.
                            Dang thats a great idea!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X