How early is TOO early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most, an hour early in the morning
    My problem is i cant stand not being in the stand so i typically start my afternoon hunt off way to early, like 1 .

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
      Now on the other end what time if you're not doing an all day sit do you get out?
      If I haven't seen anything i get down at 9:30am. If they are around but no shooters i wait 30mins after they leave so they don't bust me.

Comment

I get there about 5 mins before the feeder goes off!

Comment

If I'm going to a feeder- 30 beforein am, 1 hour evening

Hunting off feeder- grey light in morning with no lights,.... may stay all day. If not usually back in stand by 3:00 +/-..... they ain't on a schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
            At lease 1.5 hours in the am, and 2 hours in the afternoon before the feeder goes off...
            same here...

Comment

Not on a schedule, during full moon times I often sleep in and get there about 9am and hunt till 3pm. Have killed some of my best bucks that way. Other moon phases in stand 30 minutes or more before legal time.

Comment

I sleep in mine so it's a non issue. I usually light the heater about 10 minutes before I actually get up.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                  30 mins before shooting light
                  Me too.

Comment

Over the last few years, I generally don't hunt much in the morning, but I will go out about noon and stay til dark. If I do hunt in the morning, with bow I try to get in about 45 min before light, with gun, I sometimes sneak in after feeder goes off

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                      30 mins before shooting light
                      Yep and I walk in...no atv's within 1/2 mile of my area except for filling feeders or retrieving an animal...

Comment

Got in at 5am Saturday morning. Decided to go in at 5:45 Sunday morning. Cams today showed a target buck was at my setup 5:45.

I like to get 1-1.5 hrs before daylight for things to settle.

Evenings 4 he sits

Comment

30 minutes or so in the AM,unless I hunt the house feeder, then I just roll over & look out the window every few minutes. LOL! In the evening about 4:00. Feeder goes off at 5 PM.

Comment

Depends on the stand. If I'm hunting a stand between feeding and bedding I like to be setteld in about an 30 minutes to an hour before first light. If I'm hunting a feed site I want to be set up 1 to 2 hours before first light. If there a full moon I sleep in and hunt mid day.

Comment

I try to make it an hour before shooting light, but realistically it's usually closer to 30 minutes before. If I do get there with plenty of time before shooting, I usually just lean back and catch up on what I missed by getting up so early.

Comment

15 min before daylight

Comment

Working...
                                X