United Airlines just won't stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I travel 3 of 4 weeks per month......and have done it for 10+ years.

These stories underline two real problems:

1. United sucks.
    2. Airline staff (primarily flight attendants) have been living in a "power trip" world for far too long.

Im disgusted with how I see agents and attendants treat passengers every week. Unfriendly, disrespectful, disgruntled.....and clearly feeling empowered, knowing they can toss a passenger at the drop of a hat. They operate under a "fear model". Do some passengers deserve it.....ABSOLUTELY. However, the overall degradation in "customer service" across most airlines is so discouraging.

I'm often times in First Class and still see the "attitudes". The only airline that consistently shows class and world class service is Southwest.....who I never fly.

Once this is over......I think the culture of arrogance and flight attendant "dictatorship" will change dramatically. That will be a good thing for everyone who travels.
    GREAT post sir! I was traveling like you during my corporate days also. I noticed exactly the same crappy attitude you describe. Really sad how service has gone downhill in the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      I'm sitting in intercontinental right now and united canceled our flight to Lubbock. It was the last leg of a trip to Italy and Ireland. Seems that a little rain in Houston is enough to cancel the Lubbock flight but other than the one we are on, the airport seems to be functioning fine. United said it was canceled by the flight tower. I'm calling BS. If that was the case all of the flights would have been canceled. I'll never fly United again.
      Yep. I have seen United do this numerous times while watching plane after plane take off. I've landed in blizzard in Istanbul where I thought we where still in the clouds till I felt us touch down. Scared the crap out of me. Don't know how they landed in that stuff but they did. We were stuck on the tarmac for an hour cause they had to plow the snow out of the way to roll the jet way in. This was with Turkish Airlines. If I had to choose one airline to fly with in the states and even over seas it be Delta.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        They'll never know.
        You got that right. They already don't know if they are coming or going nor do they care but they can do it without me funding them.

Comment

I don't want to rehash the old thread, BUT after having a full day's worth of meeting with plaintiff attorneys, including one who specializes in aviation related matters, I'll throw this out-

It was a unanimous opinion among the attorneys (never happens) that UA's own contract of carriage (civil) and the corresponding CFR (criminal) provide absolutely zero authority to UA to remove a passenger once seated unless said passenger is intoxicated, improper attire etc.

They seem to think UA will pay mucho for this fiasco. Of course, litigation is what keeps attorneys fed.

Bottom line, if Curt wants to throat punch some *** clown masquerading as the popo coming down the aisle, he should. Just be careful one of the big assed heifers who masquerade as flight attendants don't trip and fall on top of you during the fracas, you might suffocate.

Comment

1. United sucks.
            2. Airline staff (primarily flight attendants) have been living in a "power trip" world for far too long.

Im disgusted with how I see agents and attendants treat passengers every week. Unfriendly, disrespectful, disgruntled.....and clearly feeling empowered, knowing they can toss a passenger at the drop of a hat. They operate under a "fear model". Do some passengers deserve it.....ABSOLUTELY. However, the overall degradation in "customer service" across most airlines is so discouraging.

TBH says I have to have more characters, so here!
            I'm often times in First Class and still see the "attitudes". The only airline that consistently shows class and world class service is Southwest.....who I never fly.

Once this is over......I think the culture of arrogance and flight attendant "dictatorship" will change dramatically. That will be a good thing for everyone who travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              GREAT post sir! I was traveling like you during my corporate days also. I noticed exactly the same crappy attitude you describe. Really sad how service has gone downhill in the last 20 years.
              All went to crap when they quit having weight parameters and outfits like this
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	24493307

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                All went to crap when they quit having weight parameters and outfits like this
                [ATTACH]850844[/ATTACH]
                Part of the problem is it's the same fight attendants that are in that photo and they have had there fill. Part two is travelers are total a holes these days and the flight attendants have dealt with so much nonsense they cannot stand the majority of travelers. I travel 3-4 days a week and you would not believe half of my stories. There is no way in hell I would do there job.

Comment

1. United sucks.

Yes yes yes! I frequently travel to china, korea, Japan and tiawan for buisness. I'll take any one of their domestic companies over United any day. Holy crap what a poor excuse we have for service...it's like a every request from someone is a burden on the attendent...not to mention the "I really don't want to be here right now" attitude. Sure makes Americans looks like jack *** ' s to foriegn visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    The Girls and I are headed to New York this summer via United, as well as my bear hunt in Quebec via United. I've never been drug off a plane before, but I bet I could give some folks hell in those narrow aisles. They better bring plenty of backup and a cattle prod cause I'm a salty SOB. Not that I would normally be defiant, but now I kinda want my TBH buddies to see me in the paper.
                    This would be epic if you go live with the drag-off!!

Comment

Flew United to San Francisco this morning and it was an odd experience with the attendants. One was super nice, recognized my 1K status and everything. The others were terse and didn't care if I was there or not. As for "over booked" flights, I don't think I've been on a single flight this year that was not over booked and United offering vouchers to take a later flight. I think this is my 10th trip this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsefly View Post
                        Hey doesn't Dierks Bentley have a song about "getting drug off a plane"?

I think he's sayin "Gettin drunk on a plane"!!
                        Maybe he has changed the lyrics in the last couple of days and I just haven't heard it yet!!!

Comment

I've never had an issue on a single flight. Guess maybe I don't fly enough to notice it. Either that, or most of the passengers/flight attendants I've been in a plane with aren't jackwagons like some of y'all have to deal with on a regular basis. I'll continue to fly United, I've seen zero reason to change

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            travelers are total a holes these days and the flight attendants have dealt with so much nonsense they cannot stand the majority of travelers.
                            I fly a lot, mostly on United, SWA, and AA. There is a big difference in attitude of the crew in first class vs. coach. But, yeah, many passengers act like idiots no matter where they sit.

Comment

I despise United. I've been stranded too many times to ever fly them again. I've got some good stories...but don't feel like typing them out. SWA has kept me happy as they get me from point A to B and then back again.

Comment

We flew United 1st class for the first time to Hawaii last year. Our son has moved there so we went to visit. I had not been on a flight longer than two hours (I drive most everywhere we go) and had never flown first class. Since it is an 8 hour flight I suggested to the wife to go first class. You only live once. The attendants were very attentive and kept my gin and tonic full. Vanessa was very friendly and respectful. What a surprise it was on our flight back to have Vanessa on our flight again as our attendant. As soon as the seat belt signs went off here comes a gin and tonic.
                                My surprise was the attitude of the passengers. We were up close to the front so we boarded the front door and deplaned the front door. We never knew what was going on behind us. When we got back to Houston we had to walk through the rest of the 1st class seats to deplane. It looked like a frat party had just happened. There were food wrappers, cups and trash strewn all over the seats and floor. Their "attitudes" seemed like , "by golly I paid for 1st class so i can do what I want". This friday we are going again to see our son and celebrate our 30 yr anniversary.

1. United sucks.

Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 04-18-2017, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X