Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas City Gun Range, best range I've been to. Bad thing it's only 100 yds, so you can't open it up.

Comment

Clear creek is 200yds and is closer to you. Just not very pretty. I think you have to qualify for 200 now?

Comment

Trinity Armory in Cleveland has a 300yd range...

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post

Took mine to the range today and put a 25 dollar muzzle brake on it and recoil was almost nonexistent. 3 shot group, just got some IMR 4350 and ordered some Barnes 127 LRXs now that I have some brass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What brake is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the scope installed today, a Vortex viper 3-16-44 MOA HS-T and hit the range. Shooting 143gr ELDX in factory Hornady Ammo. Got it bore sighted and on paper, cleaned and brushed. 1st pic was getting there, second pic after gun had cooled, two rounds then one after adjustment. After it cooled again did a 3 shot group looked like the first two but right on. The range was getting crowded and did not go get a pic. Very pleased so far.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yall making me want one

Comment

120 amax at 100 today

143 eldx did about the same. Opened up slightly at 200.

Comment

140g match.

Comment

143 eldx chronod at 2601 fps avg through suppressor. Box shows 2700 but doesn't show what barrel length.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
                      143 eldx chronod at 2601 fps avg through suppressor. Box shows 2700 but doesn't show what barrel length.

Most test barrels are 26".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

25 fps per inch sounds right. 50fps sure sounded high if 24".

Comment

To brake or not to brake? That is the question. (Suppressed is not in the budget)

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                            To brake or not to brake? That is the question. (Suppressed is not in the budget)

I believe you'll enjoy it more with a brake

Comment

Go out and shoot it first. See how you like it.

I put about 50 rounds thru mine yesterday out to 400.

One thing I'll be doing is lightening the trigger.

Here is a link I found with directions.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=519494

I'd like to get mine to around 2lbs or slightly less.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
                                Go out and shoot it first. See how you like it.

I put about 50 rounds thru mine yesterday out to 400.

One thing I'll be doing is lightening the trigger.

Here is a link I found with directions.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=519494

I'd like to get mine to around 2lbs or slightly less.
                                I've shot it. Not bad recoil at all. I added weights and filler material to the stock so it's much heavier than factory. Just weird having a threaded barrel with nothing on it.

My trigger is a little over 3# using the factory adjustment. I polished it on a stone to remove the gritty feeling. It's one of the best triggers in my arsenal.

Comment

Working...
                                X