How long do you sit in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you sit in the stand?

How long do you typically stay in the stand? Especially during the rut? My gameplan was to get up there in the early morning this Saturday and sit all day, but with it being hot I am wondering if it's a waste of time.

Thoughts? Advice?

If it's hot, no way will sit all day. I'd rather go eat lunch.

Comment

All day during the rut. Sometimes all day just because. I don’t go deer hunting to sit at camp.

Comment

Dawn to dusk.

It’s hard as heck to get one at camp.

Comment

All day, regardless if it is the rut or not. I also go in super early (like 2 hours before sun up).

But, this is also coming from a guy that hasn't been able to put a buck on the ground in 9 years. If someone told me I had to walk a handstand, backwards, in the snow, for 2 miles to shoot a buck I would do it without thinking.

Comment

All day if you can. I've went to lunch around 11 and been back in by 1. Changed cards on camera before I got back in and pics show I have deer in the feeder while I'm at camp eating.

Comment

Been in this tree since dark. Sometimes I’ll do all day but today sure is tempting to get down! Hot as crap, windy as hades and not one deer seen.

Comment

Very seldom, I guess y’all are better hunters than I am. For one I don’t have enough patience for that. For two, half the fun about being at the deer lease for me is hanging out at camp!

Comment

Depends on the weather.

Sometimes for a couple hours, sometimes 4-5 hours, every now and then all day.

Comment

During the first few weeks of November in east Texas, I will sit all day if it is just me. Not sure that is possible with either of my kids. Cooler weather sure makes it much more enjoyable. I am able to get lots of books read in November.

Comment

If it is cold and wet I can hunt all day. But to be honest I'm just not that mad at them anymore.

Comment

Depends on weather, moon, and deer activity.

I will never make an all day sit. I may get out early and get back around lunch, or get out after lunch and back in later afternoon.

Comment

until 11 and then back at 1-1:30...when its hot I regret it. When its cool I enjoy it

Comment

I have a hard time being in a stand for more tha 4 hours

Comment

I sat in the stand from 6am till 1030 this morning. With it being windy and warm, nothing was moving. Not even squirrels. If I'm seeing movement (even a long ways off) I can sit most of the day, but if there's nothing moving, I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                              X