Trashy people!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trashy people!!!

I can't stand trashy people! Let me clarify... There is about a half mile stretch of road with woods on both sides heading to our house that I drive through everyday. It is a beatiful wooded area except for the garbage people decide to toss out of there window for whatever reason. I couldn't stand it anymore so I just spent 2 hours cleaning up both sides of a half mile stretch because I know no one else will do it. 12 hefty bags full later it looks great again. Unfortunately it'll happen all over again. I would love to catch one of these trashy t.e.r.d.s and punch them in the face right now. It has gotten alot worse with the influx of illegals moving in behind us. I can't understand the kind of people that think this is ok..

Sorry I had to vent!

I feel your pain. Growing up we had 20 acres with at least a 1/4 mile of road frontage. Clean up was one of my chores. Had to do it about once a month and there weren't any trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do like other towns do!
      Set up trail camera's and you will have proof to have them busted!!!!!!

Comment

Yep. I have never understood it. Ridiculous. No respect.

Comment

Trashy people!!!

I just got pretty ticked off about trash along our FM road myself. This morning on the way to check my wells I saw someone had tossed a few trash bags and several big cardboard boxes on the side of the road in the grass. I figured I'd pick them up on the way home and throw them in our burn pit.

Well on my way home I see that same trash and boxes scattered all over the road and shoulder....shredded to pieces. Tons of cardboard, styrofoam, cans, paper, trash, etc.

Yup...the guys that mow the shoulders didn't take the time to get out of their tractors or call the crew in the truck to come get it out of their way. They mowed right over it. There's no excuse for any of this. I saw the tractors mowing about a mile down the road and the truck with the weed eating crew was setting up some warning signs. I pulled over and asked them why in the hell did they mow over that trash back up the road???? They just gave me a blank stare and then finally one of them said that they were going to clean it up in a bit. We shall see.

It woulda been a lot less work to get that stuff picked up before it was shredded to bits....talk about turning a 3 minute job into a couple hours. Idiots.

Skinny

Comment

I love the stories I occasionally see on Twitter where someone dumps a bunch of trash in a wooded area, someone comes across it and finds mail with the person address, loads the trash up, and dumps it back in the person's yard.

Comment

Hate trash, always carry a box of leaf bags in the truck, can't tell ya how many bags of trash I have picked up over the years.

Comment

Ticks me off too. I'd love to catch them in the act. We used to do trash pickup for 4-h service. It was funny to see the same beer cans in a certain area, every time we picked up trash. Found some good stuff. Car keys, fishing line, cds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  I can't stand trashy people! Let me clarify... There is about a half mile stretch of road with woods on both sides heading to our house that I drive through everyday. It is a beatiful wooded area except for the garbage people decide to toss out of there window for whatever reason. I couldn't stand it anymore so I just spent 2 hours cleaning up both sides of a half mile stretch because I know no one else will do it. 12 hefty bags full later it looks great again. Unfortunately it'll happen all over again. I would love to catch one of these trashy t.e.r.d.s and punch them in the face right now. It has gotten alot worse with the influx of illegals moving in behind us. I can't understand the kind of people that think this is ok..

Sorry I had to vent!
                  I understand where you are coming from of keeping the trash picked up close to your house. I live off of a state highway in a rural area. I keep a long distance on the highway mowed and picked up on my side of the highway for my little part. But yes it is frustrating. Good luck.

Comment

[ATTACH]869069[/ATTACH]

Comment

Your gunna need to repost your thread with "rant" in title and in opening sentence....

Comment

I worked at a marina for 7 years.
                        I quit being surprised at how filthy people can be a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          I just got pretty ticked off about trash along our FM road myself. This morning on the way to check my wells I saw someone had tossed a few trash bags and several big cardboard boxes on the side of the road in the grass. I figured I'd pick them up on the way home and throw them in our burn pit.

Well on my way home I see that same trash and boxes scattered all over the road and shoulder....shredded to pieces. Tons of cardboard, styrofoam, cans, paper, trash, etc.

Yup...the guys that mow the shoulders didn't take the time to get out of their tractors or call the crew in the truck to come get it out of their way. They mowed right over it. There's no excuse for any of this. I saw the tractors mowing about a mile down the road and the truck with the weed eating crew was setting up some warning signs. I pulled over and asked them why in the hell did they mow over that trash back up the road???? They just gave me a blank stare and then finally one of them said that they were going to clean it up in a bit. We shall see.

It woulda been a lot less work to get that stuff picked up before it was shredded to bits....talk about turning a 3 minute job into a couple hours. Idiots.

Skinny
                          It's because they are paid by the hour.

Comment

It's not uncommon to see washers,dryers and furniture on county roads here. You know what I'd like to do? I'd like to catch someone dumping that stuff out. Then wait until they ain't home and move that couch that's been sitting out in the ditch for a month back into their living room. Just because I think it'd be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                              It's because they are paid by the hour.

I'm pretty sure they've got enough work to do without having to spend almost half a day picking up little bits and pieces of styrofoam.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X