Which tool brands are you loyal to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tool brands are you loyal to?

As I start building up my tool collection, I'm curious as to which tool brands (for which tools) are you loyal to?

I've always bought stuff from sears. I'm not a serious mechanic. But if it does break, they usually replace it, no questions asked.

Comment

Miller Wire Welders

Metabo and Dewalt grinders. (Different price points)

For the money kobalt at lowes makes some pretty decent hand tools. I have mostly craftsman and kobalt hand tools. A few more expensive brands.

Ellis for band saw if you want top quality.

I have a Baileigh drill press for metal I like. I think it's a DP1000 something like that.

Hypertherm for plasma cutter.

Victor for gas torch related goods.

As you can see I mostly do metal.

I do have an older craftsman table saw that's a beast.

Comment

Milwaukee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoever has the best value and good reviews.

Comment

DeWalt for power tools. Craftsman and snapon for handtools.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lincoln electric and Makita.

Comment

Makita or dewalt for power tools

Kobalt or Craftsman for hand tools

Comment

DeWalt and Snap-on

Comment

In regards to power tools, I'm a DeWALT guy all the way...I used to make their wire harnesses & other electronic sub-assemblies when I worked in Mexico. Beamer (TBH member here) was one of their Engineers and we worked together on a lot of new designs / projects. Being a part of the process was a ton of fun.

Now This was back in the 'old days' before every nut & bolt needed to be accounted for & you can't do this now, but I would sneak in harnesses through front reception vs sending them through receiving due to time & help them meet urgent dead lines for their ESL's / Eng Sample Lot due to last minute changes be it minor OAL changes or whatever. Made them by had myself a lot of the times. I would go out to their floor & pull the parts out & assist putting together these tools with the rest of the design team. It was a blast. These were just initial tools with no stickers or designation to confirm if initial design was even ready for the next step of MSL.

Now MSL / Manufacturing Sample Lots was different...it had to go through all the correct phases of incoming inspection, etc & if parts passed, mfg line was approved, etc. then launch would start.

Now Watching their destruction tests on random mfg parts pulled off the line & doing everything they can to destroy what the average construction guy might put the tool through is really interesting. Not just DeWALT, but all These companies spend a bunch of money busting the hell out of nice tools. I miss mfg...it was fun. Stupid Mexico had to go & mess it all up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hand Tools, I like Snap-On & have been building a collection /trading for a long time.

~~~~~~~

Stanley / Black & Decker likely own the majority of the power & hand tool market now...pretty impressive all the various brands they own from entry to professional.

Comment

If I get another bandsaw, it's going to be another Grizzly. Otherwise, I'm tool promiscuous.

Comment

Rigid for cordless, free lifetime service and batteries

Comment

Klien and fluke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really like my snap on hammers. If you do much electrical a " Power Probe" is a nice tool that's not too expensive.

Comment

power tools
                              I tried Ryobi , could not kept up with the daily shop load
                              next was Dewalt
                              still using them, holding up
                              hand tools
                              I started with Sears Craftsman
                              then they started telling me to replace was with a lower class tool no warranty
                              so I started using williams tools (snapon)
                              we pull hard on valve bolting with long pipes added
                              william holds up, the china wrenches bented
                              craftsman also
                              klein tools are good also hand tools wire cutters
                              cutting SS wire

welders , Miller
                              plasma , still using Harbour Freight model

I found , you get what you pay for

Comment

Working...
                              X