Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
    Does that not ruin the mount?
    Depends on what you want the mount to look like. I think most people would find an arrow through a deer's forehead to pretty fairly distasteful, but to each his/her own.

My buddy shot a big pig right between the eyes with his bow and then euro mounted the skull with the arrow and it actually looks pretty dang cool.

Comment

Not a shot I would take, glad it worked out for the buck. Probably just enjoying some tasty corn and then lights out. Last thing that went through his mind was the bolt.

Comment

Give PETA something else to drag our azzes over. Never would I take that shot. More so brag and show it off.

Comment

Not on purpose no, but I shot a buck in the neck with a rifle, right where it joins the shoulders, and at the exact same instant the buck turned to lick himself and the bullet went through his head and into the neck.

Comment

I hit a deer when he dropped his head and crossed the shoulder. I was using a 30-06. I broke the skull severely. The antlers were barely attached to the animal any more. Glad AR were not around as there would be no way to determine spread. It was beyond ugly.

Comment

No way.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Deer was broadsided at about 35 yards. Aiming for the heart. Deer had his head down feeding. It turned and raised his head toward the sound, then wack!
                Ahhh, I can see that. Them suckers can spin pretty fast, and he just spun into the arrow. 35 yards, and a little noise is plenty time for it to happen.

Comment

No I would never take this shot. In my opinion the only thing that makes this worse is the fact it is being displayed on social media.

Comment

I wouldn't take the shot but only because I'm not that confident in a head shot with an arrow. That being said, I don't see any ethical dilemma and would honestly like to hear how a headshot with a bow is unethical. Seems to me like it would kill the deer almost immediately which I know all of us would like to do as hunters. No sarcasm at all, honest question, why is this unethical? We're all killing deer so I know it's not the fact the deer is dead.

Comment

crossbows are way more accurate than a reg bow. I say well done. im sure it was a very close shot

Comment

Will never be in my hunting camp, staged or not

Comment

Was this Xbowhunter by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                            crossbows are way more accurate than a reg bow. I say well done. im sure it was a very close shot
                            I know a few fellas that might bet a little money on your first sentence...

Heck I even try NOT to "Robbinhood"

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              Stupid to shoot, even stupider to post on public FB.
                              x2

Comment

I bet it was an easy trackin job

Comment

Working...
                                X