My new toy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy.

Picked this up at Academy yesterday seasoned it and today I am smoking a brisket. Been holding pretty steady 225-250 since 10 am brisket temp shows 125 right now. Think I will like this thing.
    Attached Files

Looks Good

Now we need pics of the Brisket

Comment

Nice! Just in time for the 4th!

Comment

Looks up blue smoke method, will change your life on smoking meats. Welcome to the addiction!

Comment

I picked one up 2 years ago, would not hold a temp and rusted out in 6 months. Hope I just got a bad one.

Comment

Heck yea that's nice

Comment

Congratulations on the pit and the addiction of smoking/

Open your exhausted pipe to get a cleaner burn. You don't want to see a bunch of white smoke coming out. Might also need to let more air into the firebox side too.

Comment

Ive had mine for more than 4 years I smoke pork shoulder blade, pork butt and chicken as good as the very best w three little pigs bbq sauce and brown sugar

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Congratulations on the pit and the addiction of smoking/

Open your exhausted pipe to get a cleaner burn. You don't want to see a bunch of white smoke coming out. Might also need to let more air into the firebox side too.
                  That picture was while I was seasoning it. Used Wesson oil wiped the entire inside grates an all then fired it up

Comment

My new toy.

Have had a Pecos for 4 yrs. gets the job done. Just keep it painted and dry. Will outlive you if you take care of it. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That should cook good with the smoke stake where it is. I like it.

Comment

Need to put ur tbh contest pic up

Comment

I have the same one I actually bought mine used off of here for what I think was a good deal. I've been pretty happy with it. Not sure how long the guy had it before me but I've had it maybe a year or 2, fi akky needing paint around the firebox as it's starting to rust a little but only surface. I keep it under my porch so it gets hit with rain when it's real windy only I think it's holding up well and cooks pretty good

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X